Associate Paint Process Technician
The purpose of this job is to prepare entry level Paint Process Technicians for entry into the Grade 28 Paint Process Technician position.
The core responsibilities listed below are those of the grade 28 Paint Process Technician. It is the responsibility of the Associate level Process Technician to learn these competencies and responsibilities and prepare them to eventually work at the grade 28 level. In addition, upon successful completion of the training and the employee shows proficiency they will be moved to the grade 28 level.
Electrocoat, Prime, and Oberlin System
Responsibilities includes Robotics Paint Application/primer (background edits, fluid presets, program adjustments, backup and program restorations, and general support):
- Monitor daily activities in cab cleanliness, pre-treatment E-coat, E-coat over, E-coat scuff, sealer and sealer deck prime prep and application oven
- Establish best practices in the development of new processes, materials and equipment.
- Make presentation when required.
- Document all changes in process, materials and equipment.
- Establish training requirements and assist in that training.
- Be able to make independent decisions dealing with the area of responsibility.
- Update Quality Manual work instruction to comply with ISO 9000 requirements.
- Comply with all safety regulation/training.
- Notify proper personnel of any condition, which could hamper quality or production.
1.Monitor processes on a daily basis in the following areas:
- Pre-mask and base coat accumulator
- Base coat prep booth
- Base spray booth
- Base coat flash and clean room
- Clear coat flash
- Clear coat booth
- Clear coat oven
- Multi-tone prep/sand
- Multi-tone mask area
- Multi-tone de-mask
- Multi-tone spray booth
- Paint schemes/charts
- Color formulations
- Precision mix
- Paint mix rooms and activities associated with those areas
- Block house
- All application equipment in base and clear coat.
- Plastic parts quality
- Operation certification board update and sign off as required
- Maintain quality manual work instruction to comply with ISO 9000 requirements
- Ratio Dispensing equipment
- Program all paint parameters
- Train production personnel
- Troubleshoot system problems
- Background edits
- Fluid presets
- Program adjustments
- Backup and restore programs
- Support production
- Attend weekly paint/voc meetings
- Support environmental compliance group
- Coordinate process equipment installation
- Train personnel as necessary
2. Establish best practices in the development of new processes, material, and equipment.
3. Prepare and conduct presentations when required.
4. Document all changes in process, materials and equipment.
5. Ability to make independent decisions dealing with the area of responsibility.
6. Maintain and Coordinate projects and worklists.
7. Comply with all safety regulations/training.
8. Notify the proper personnel of any condition which could hamper quality or production.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associates degree in a Electrical, Mechanical field with two years experience in one or more of the areas listed below or four years experience in one or more of the these areas: Paint Application, Pre-treat, E-Coat systems for Class A surface preparation, or Paint test lab environment.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS PREFERRED
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of Pre-Treat and E-Coat processes is desired
- Prior experience in an Automotive type Paint environment
- Ability to interpret and follow written work instructions (i.e. Volvo Global Standards).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong, effective working knowledge of Microsoft Office products; Excel, Word, Power Point
- Familiarity with Mini Tab 16, or other suitable analysis tool
- Effective troubleshooting skills
- Attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Byk-Gardner and Data Paq Measuring Systems, or similar equipment
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.