Co-op: Systems Improvement (Fall 2019)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Volvo Production System (VPS) department as a Systems Improvement Co-op. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the VPS team within GTO, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with an engineering focusing on lean manufacturing and standardized work. GTO’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to VPS Coach.
- Using the continuous improvement mindset, improve and develop our current database and systems while working with production to understand and incorporate their needs in the new way of working.
- Help facilitate continuous improvement around the facility and identify opportunities on your own to implement.
- Support production with implementing the VPS methodology as necessary.
- Works with the production teams to reduce non-value add activities by bringing new ideas.
- Knowledgeable in sharepoint, teamplace, excel and interface creation.
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positively responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in IT, programming or software at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid US Work authorization.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Presentation Skills
- Time Management
- Continuous Improvement/Lean Manufacturing
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.