Co-op: Electrical Engineering (Fall 2019)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Electrics and Electronics team as a software verification engineer. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the E&E team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with software, electrical, and mechanical engineering. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the manager of E&E, PE North America.
- Run testing on HIL (Hardware in the loop) rigs to validate test software
- Issue written and oral reports
- Support component and system test activities
- Identify and document failures during software testing
- Analyzing component parts and assemblies to assist/provide input in determining the best course of action to resolve actual or potential problems
- Coordinate activities with other departments within the company, on a limited basis and as necessary
- Provide engineering support assistance for quality issues as required
- Performing other routine engineering duties as assigned
- Attention to detail: Must be able to run strict test cases for software and identify deviations in system responses
- Communication: Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals
- Problem solving/decision making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems
- Quality advocate: Respect for the quality process, quality values, and the continuous improvement of all operational and business practices
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects and assigned tasks
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Computer Science or Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-ops work 40 hours per week
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid US Work authorization.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.