Co-op: Driveline and Hybrids (Fall 2019)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Driveline Engineering as Co-op Fall' 2019. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of Heavy-Duty commercial truck Drivelines. Driveline Engineering at Volvo is responsible for complete Drivetrain (clutches, transmission, drive-shafts, hybrid-electric systems and axles) development and integration for Mack and Volvo class 8 Heavy-Duty commercial trucks. Some of the Driveline products, for Mack and Volvo trucks, include Allison Automatic transmissions, Eaton Manual and Automated Manual transmissions (AMT), Mack proprietary T300 manual transmission, Volvo proprietary I-Shift AMT transmissions, Meritor/Dana Drive-shafts and Meritor/Dana/Mack proprietary axles.
As a valued member of the Driveline Engineering within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the Driveline engineers as well as lab technicians, mechanics and Manufacturing Engineers. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to Manager, Driveline and Electro-Mobility.
- Work with the project engineers in the development and testing of axles
- Work with the project engineers in the development and testing of transmissions
- Completion of test reports
- Coordination of development parts and prototype materials
- Completion of tasks on time
- Improved knowledge of Driveline & Hybrid systems
- Gain experience in a design/production engineering environment
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree, B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the co-op position
- Co-ops work 40 hours per week
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills
- Participation in school or extracurricular activities and experience in leadership roles
- Attention to detail
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.