Co-op: Mechanical Engineering (Fall 2019)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Global Regulation Team as a Regulatory Affairs Co-op specializing in Greenhouse Gaz emissions simulation models. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering and U.S./Global Heavy Duty Vehicle Safety and Emissions Regulations. As a valued member of the Global Regulation Team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with Geographic and Global Regulation Specialists and Product Development Engineers. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. The US Team Lead for this position is Marc Miller
- Work with Geographic and Global Greenhouse Gas Regulation Specialists and GTT Powertrain and Vehicle Engineers to develop an analysis of the differences/similarities between the U.S. EPA Greenhouse Gas Emissions Model (GEM) and the EU VECTO Simulation Tool. The primary focus of the study will be to identify how and why the two models differ in the ways they credit specific vehicle and engine technologies and make recommendations to PPL management on technologies that provide significant benefit in both models.
- Work with the global regulation specialist on electro-mobility researching charging and energy storage system technologies standards and limitations
- Proficiency with a technical programming language, Matlab preferred.
- A basic understanding of Heavy Duty Truck systems and controls.
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid US Work authorization.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.