Co-op: Automated Vehicle Regulation Research (Fall 2019)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Global Regulation Team as a Regulatory Affairs Co-op specializing in Automated Vehicles. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of public affairs, law and engineering. As a valued member of the Global Regulation Team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with Global Regulation Specialists, Legal staff, Public Policy executives, and Product Development Engineers to provide a summary and comprehensive reports on the range of North American Automated Vehicle legislations and regulations. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. The US Team Lead for this position is Robert Fasnacht.
- Research US federal and state regulations and proposed bills related to Automated Vehicles
- Synthesize information into a report summarizing the content of federal and state regulations noting similarities and differences
- Create an information resource for the organization to use and update that serves as a collection of relevant regulatory requirements for Automated Vehicle operation
- Applicant should have basic knowledge of US federal and state government and legislative and regulatory operation
- A basic understanding of heavy duty truck design.
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Political Science, Business, Economics, or Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid US Work authorization.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.