Co-op: Embedded Software Engineering - Automation (Fall 2019)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Diagnostic Engineering team in After Market technology as a Test Automation Engineer. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of electrical engineering and automation aspects. As a valued member of the Diagnostics Engineering team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the requirement and Development Engineers. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the Group manager within Diagnostic engineering team.
- Designing and writing test automation scripts
- Using test automation frameworks
- Investigating problems in software as a result of testing
- Working with Verification Engineers and software developers to find solutions
- Critical Competencies
- Programming languages, such as C# and Java
- Knowledge on GUI automatons , test case generation
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Teamwork skills, because most projects require input from individuals with different roles. Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree Electronic/ Computer science or any related degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid US Work authorization.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills ( listed above)
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.