Buyer - Uptime Purchasing
- Perform purchasing activities related to service parts orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
- Drive negotiations in order to find extra cost savings (on top of price agreements)
- Follow-up contracts and agreements with suppliers and ensure implementation
- Reduce current costs while maintaining delivery and quality standards for commodities
- Effectively manage assigned commodities in support of the brands and business plans using development and sourcing processes to achieve established goals
- Provide NA market input as member of sourcing team as needed and continuously assess the business climate and conditions affecting assigned supplier base
- Provide appropriate purchasing support to internal and external customers
- Responsible for the development of existing and potential suppliers
- Contribute to the development of strategies
- Ensure collaboration with production commodity and project purchasing
- Proactive work on supplier risk mitigation and crisis management
- Provide accurate Estimated Time Arrival for critical parts
- Find creative solutions / alternative suppliers to solve parts availability issues to VOR – Vehicle Off Road
- This position reports directly to the Manager Uptime Purchasing NA
- Innovation for Customer success: Ability to be curious, to be innovative and find smart ways to create new solutions and business
- Accountability: Ability to take full responsibility of the results of own job and overall impact, being able to see the bigger picture
- Collaboration & Organizational agility: Ability to be open-minded, share knowledge and support. Encourage collaboration, gain support and solve problem with peers and stakeholders
- Communication & Influencing: Ability to involve, explain, listen, argue, reformulate and answer, in a transparent way with respect for the individual
- Continuous Improvement: Ability to always search for ways to improve, seeking for problem-solving, analyzing both successes and failures, aiming at better efficiency
- Delivering customer value: Ability to be action-oriented and deliver customers value and results
- Communication: Ability to build a clear and structured document adapted to relevant targeted audiences. Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Presentation Skills: Ability to be effective in a variety of formal presentation settings
- Manufacturing & Supply Chain: Understand related supplier manufacturing process flow and steps, controls, tooling and supply chain set-up. Able to run active shop floor visits with waste elimination mindset. Proactively work with supplier capacity assessment and delivery risk management
- Negotiation Skills: Ability to prepare and execute negotiations
- Technology: Understand technical documentation and engineering language. Understand the base technology and production methods
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical or business-related concentration with 3+ years of demonstrated pertinent experience
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.