We have exciting opportunities for the right individuals at our currently under construction 1,000,000 SF central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS. This new Byhalia DC is located approximately 25 miles southeast of Memphis, TN.
The Team Lead reports to the Departmental Supervisor and is responsible for assisting the Supervisor with the oversight of the inbound product flow within the CDC as well as for securing the quality of all incoming goods, including the reverse logistics flow.
- Report on their specific areas at the daily OD/VPS meeting
- Take daily attendance
- Monitor team’s performance to ensure they meet daily goals
- Verify individual performance by using tracking systems
- Motivate team members to improve performance
- Maintenance of training skills matrix for team members
- Assist team members when issues arise (Quality, Tooling, Material, Restock, etc.)
- Identify individual shortcomings of team members and helping them through customized coaching
- Report team development and activities to immediate Supervisor
- Assist with root cause analysis and containment of opportunities
- Coordinate and implement continuous improvement ideas
- Completes other duties as assigned by management
- Follow up on delayed receipts
- Ensure the hot bin list is prioritized for put away
- Investigate any missed shipments to find root cause
- Assure coverage for the daily operations based on vacation or call-ins
- Monitor cut times to assure release times are met for all carriers
- Randomly review pack stations to verify conformance to best practices are adhered to
- Quickly resolve problems for your team
- Responsible for the training of the shipping team associates
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the area Supervisor or Manager
- Fill in for team absences
- Fill in for emergency absences
- Daily involvement in the operation
- Be competent in every team members’ job
- Coordinate and facilitate the training of new team members and temporary employees
- Leading and attending scheduled training programs
- Update OD/VPS metrics board daily
- Ensure standard operating procedure is in place and followed
- Ensure a lean and clean operation, using all of the OD/VPS tools (5S)
- Participate in any value stream mapping or cost deployment activities
- Required minimum 2 to 5 years relevant experience in a similar function in a logistics or distribution company
- Good COMMUNICATION skills and ability to work under minimal amount of supervision
- INITIATIVE & DRIVE: Taking action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement, taking reasonable risks to achieve results, and persevering when challenged
- You are CUSTOMER FOCUSED
- Good ANALYTICAL skills and PROBLEM SOLVING attitude
- Good skills in working with MS Office programs, Word, Excel, Power Point Etc. and ability to learn new IT applications applicable for the role
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.