Wiring and Harness Engineer
The Wiring and Harness Engineer is responsible for electrical wiring harness designs across multiple truck brands and across harness families. Emphasis is placed on developing truck knowledge; harness analysis; interaction within department and external organizations, detailed documentation, and report writing.
The main objective is to meet project release schedules for harnesses within a particular truck brand. Other areas include harness cost analysis, complete schematic releases, plant support activities, harness development utilizing Saber, use harness quality tools like FMEA and DFA, and checking work prior to release for 100% accuracy. The best candidate must be proficient in understanding circuit functionality, vehicle functions, wiring harness development tools and processes inside a global engineering environment.
- Serves as an engineer with ownership of multiple harness designs
- Responsible for harness routing and clipping solutions, with emphasis on harness environment
- Ensures design correctness and completeness for wiring harness releases within the area of responsibility
- Selects best value wiring harness components based on engineering calculations, using internal and industry-wide design guidelines, and recommended practices, while ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations
- Responds to technical reports and provide corrective solutions and recommendations resulting from validation activities
- Supports purchasing and product finance organizations as required
- Supports wiring harness supplier with implementing and industrializing wiring harness designs for the area of responsibility while implementing changes that will improve material cost, quality and supplier manufacturing processes
- Leadership Competencies
- Decision Quality
- Values Differences
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Behavior Competencies
- Drive for results - Ability to develop project time plan, set goals and milestones and deliver own items accordingly
- Priority setting/Ability to perform simultaneously in multiple projects
- Team player/Has the ability to cooperate with the project team to meet the established end goal
- Communication- communicates clearly and effectively, informs appropriately
- Self-improvement and integrity/ Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself/ widely trusted as truthful and direct
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required/ Masters preferred
- 0-5 years of engineering experience
- Automotive, Military, Commercial Vehicle engineering experience is an advantage
- Travel 10-30%
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.