Senior Project Manager - Transmission Product Team
This is us, your new colleagues at PE
We are proud product owners for components, systems as well as complete powertrains. We are accountable for the lifecycle management of our products, from advanced engineering, through product development into the maintenance phase.
We stand in front of significant challenges – where reducing transport emitted CO2 emissions is one of the biggest – and are now adapting to take this on by simplifying and empowering our organization and way of working. As an integrated part of this we have high expectations to reduce development lead-time and cost and driving innovation and employee engagement through our leaders leading technology and people.
Responsibilities / Main tasks
The Powertrain Engineering Sweden organization has the full worldwide Product platform responsibility for Heavy Duty Engines and transmission. It is as well responsible for the installation of Heavy duty powertrains in European Volvo Products. The Driveline department is responsible to deliver a complete transmission/driveline system for both conventional powertrains as for electrified drivelines.
As Senior Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead the development of new transmission solutions, for both conventional and electrified drivetrains. You will be part of the Transmission Product Team, a group of approximately 15 highly skilled and experienced individuals with a collective responsibility to lead the development of future products as well as maintaining existing products. Part of the team applies an agile framework way of working.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Manage projects with high technical complexity, including several function areas in more than one location
- Your assigned project(s) will include development of new technologies or implementation of new concepts, affecting both global technical platform and local applications
- As the primary engineering leader within the project, ensure a technical delivery including both HW and SW fulfilling the targets set out for the project
We are looking for a person with proven leadership skills with ability to inspire, drive, motivate and coach team members. You possess a flexible mindset with ability to lead change and take decisions, and ability to be clear and concise in communication. Most important of all is that you have a collaborative mindset and capabilities to interact with many different stakeholders
- 4 years or more of experience in project management roles
- You are holding a Master degree in engineering
- You have a proven experience within powertrain development
- You are well experienced in operating in a global environment
- You enjoy balancing between strategic plans and short-term activities. You are comfortable in taking difficult decisions and standing up for the values of our company
- Finding solutions and always try to improve both yourself and the team is a part of your DNA
- Genuine interest in understanding how our products are used and how we should develop the systems to meet the legal, customer and society demands
- Strong collaboration skills are required
You get an opportunity to work together with highly skilled colleagues in an exciting, global environment which provides opportunities to develop both professionally and personally. Our daily work is performed in an international environment giving the opportunity to interact with highly committed colleagues from different cultures. We trust the individual and act as a team, stay close to the product and provide opportunities for professional and personal growth.
For more information please contact
Robin Levin, Group Manager, +46 31 3234782
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.