Data Analyst - Features Verification & Validation
Features, Verification & Validation (FVV) is a global organization using customer knowledge to break down customer features into technical requirements. We drive validation plans to reach the requested truck features level and secure end customer satisfaction. Our skilled and engaged teams are located in Gothenburg, Lyon, Greensboro, Curitiba, Bangalore and Ageo.
FVV Lyon scope of responsibility is : Heavy Duty Renault Trucks & Multi-Purpose Vehicles Renault & Volvo trucks including electric trucks.
Are you a data analyst/statistician with an interest in truck usages and testing? We want to expand our knowledge in customer usage and validation with new developments in data science to perform more efficient product development and testing.
Are you willing to keep developing a great expert team , very diverse & engaged ? If yes, this offer is for you!
In the team responsible for Driving Performance features (fuel economy, drivability and average speed), you will develop and implement methodologies to assist feature leaders and test engineers in setting the right requirements and improving test methods.
Your creative thinking and problem-solving skills will contribute to solving some complex challenges in the areas of data mining and knowledge building. You will be actively finding new ways to understanding our customers’ usage and their expectations on their vehicles.
You will also be part of a global community of practice within FVV and GTT to capture and share knowledge in Data Analytics.
Our ambition is to expand on our knowledge of our customers and work closely with our engineers to provide them with support and tools to investigate data, plan for future test strategies, and formulate requirements and demands on our products.
Tasks and responsabilities:
- As a data analyst, you will be responsible for all steps of an analytics assignment, from data collection, exploration, data structuring, modeling, problem solving and recommendation.
- You will develop and implement methodologies to assist feature leaders and test engineers in setting the right requirements and improving test methods.
- You will contribute with technical insight to the strategy and roadmap for the analytics area.
- You will contribute to the Data Life Cycle, from definition of new data to its validation.
- Combining data sources (like production vehicles data, field test logs, map databases) you will enhance our Customer Knowledge, our test codes and provide inputs to create new duty cycles.
- Analytical and statistical skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations of the most suitable models and statistical approaches
- Knowledge in developing statistical models, preferably to describe and evaluate vehicle usage in automotive applications
- Familiarity or proficiency in data analytics tools and platforms such as SQL, Python, R, Matlab, Azure, PowerBI, Databricks, SPSS or equivalent
- Familiarity or proficiency in some methods in machine learning, design of experiments, data visualization, physical testing, experimental work, analytical/virtual model building, probabilistic modeling or Monte Carlo simulations
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent is minimum required
- Doctoral Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent is an advantage
- You have the ability to effectively translate business problems into technical solutions, and communicate effectively with customers, engineering colleagues as well as senior management
- You are a team player, with good listening skills and empathy
- Desire and self-confidence to set a clear course for the future
- Holistic and broad information technology experience is beneficial: understanding systems architecture, data life cycle management, data processing and engineering, and programming concepts
- Proficiency in personal computers and aptitude to learn new program features and application software
- Experience in the area of Fuel economy, Driveability and truck market is a plus
- Fluent in French and English
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.