Technical Specialist – Electrical Installations
OUR OFFER TO YOU
- An opportunity to take active part in creating the pre-requisites for sustainable transport solutions and contribution to our future society:
Volvo Group Real Estate (VGRE) is an integrated function in the Volvo Group with strategic and operational responsibility for the Group’s properties and real estate assets as well as for facility management. We are responsible for the entire property lifecycle, from acquisition to divestment. We act as a center of expertise, generating economies of skill and scale in the real estate area. The Volvo Group values are our guiding stars in everything we do to develop an attractive workplace for the Volvo Group’s employees worldwide – creating the foundation for our possibility to build the future.
- The chance to be part of the creation of a unique center for development of transport solutions: VGRE is leading the Campus Lundby program. Campus Lundby will be characterized by openness and room for internal as well as external partnerships, and thereby take an active part in the development of the City of Gothenburg – and we offer you the chance to join and help us on this journey.
- Continuous challenges, development and fun at work:
You will be part of an ambitious group of people who are curious, committed and customer focused individuals who believe that the key to success is working together towards clear targets, exchanging ideas, trusting each other and having fun. You will work in and contribute to an area of which is growing and continue to increase its importance.
We are now looking for a Technical Specialist with main focus on Electrical Installations-/ and IT-infrastructure solutions. Your focus areas will include support on property investment projects within this area of expertise, review technical documentation in projects and secure (continuous) development of our Building Standard as well as drive internal collaboration and transfer of knowledge on a global level. You perform the work in very close cooperation with both internal and external stakeholders.
What are your other key responsibilities?
- Drive the development and manage the Electrical, Tele and IT part in the Volvo Building Standards
- Review technical documentation in projects and secure set targets for a solution
- Drive transfer of knowledge, updates, training, best practice sharing and feedback on a global level through established forums
- Support on legislation & regulations issues within the Electrical Installations-/ IT Infrastructure area
- Communicate updates on standards, concepts, processes and tools within VGRE
- Act as contact person towards Group IT Business Infrastructure Managers
- Participating in IT infrastructure development projects and other strategic discussions/projects
- Participate in relevant external networks for news, trends, bench marking & best practices
We believe it is highly important that you are a team player with the ability to demonstrate a clear vision, with a global mindset, as you will work closely with others, guiding and supporting, in an international environment. You should also be used to leading people within global forums and enjoy building business relationships, as this is what the job is about. You should also be well structured and have an analytical approach plus a strategic perspective in your daily work as you often will be working with several assignments at the same time in different perspectives. At VGRE we are having fun at work and since you are a good team player - you bring value in this perspective as well.
Your education and experience
- Master of Science Degree within the area of Civil Engineering or similar
- Several years of experience in the Real Estate industry and competence in Electrical and IT infrastructure
- Knowledge of supplier market mechanisms, environmental aspects and relevant steering documents within this area of expertise
- Skills in leading people in global forums
We can’t promise you an effortless job, but we can promise you some really skilled colleagues and some truly exciting challenges to work with. You will work in a global environment that provides you with development opportunities, both professionally and personally. We at Volvo Group want you to prosper and be happy, because when you succeed, we succeed. We are eager to learn from you and you will get fantastic opportunities to learn and develop with us. So, if you are a person who is flexible, who rather see challenges as positive and is ready to take some actions? Then we are hoping to hear from you!
At Volvo Group Real Estate, we are actively working to establish groupings that will take maximum advantage of the strength inherent in differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender and nationality, etc. We find that well-balanced working groups’ increases group dynamics, creativity and new approaches to solutions.
ABOUT THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Application screening will start mid-august and interviews will be conducted continuously after the ad has expired. We look forward to getting to know you better!
CURIOUS, AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS? CALL US!
Fredrik Pettersson, Director Facility Solutions & Projects, Real Estate CoE, +46 739 02 04 26
Johanna Alfredson, VP HR Volvo Group Real Estate, +46 31 3224728
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.