Senior Hardware Electrical & Electronics Engineer
The Vehicle Connectivity group’s role within the GTT Vehicle Engineering is to secure the telematics solutions are deployed on Value Trucks in a quality assured way. This group will play a vital role for the Value trucks to effectively utilize the potential of Telematics linked solutions like Uptime Services, Fleet Management, Vehicle Tracking, Navigation etc.,.
The Value Truck Telematics is an integral part of Global Vehicle Connectivity organization which shall secure connected vehicles supporting the increasing demand for soft products. Connectivity is a key enabler for fleet management, uptime services and advanced vehicle services such as driver assistance, truck specific navigation and fuel consumption reduction, targeting reduced costs as well as increased revenues.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
As a Hardware Component Engineer you will collect technical requirements and write technical specifications. Further, interact with suppliers for development\\modification\\change and validation of existing OR new components. It would also involve release of component documentation into internal PDM systems, while working in a global environment. You would join a team of highly skilled and well organized product development team with colleagues in Sweden, USA, France, India and Japan
- Collect component requirements which would either be in written or implied format, based on feature/function/appearance needs as well as system/architecture/platform needs
- Propose multiple technical concepts ahead of selecting most feasible one
- Develop and be responsible for a detailed Technical Regulation (TR) of the component, according to the collected requirements and chosen concept
- Work together with the Team leader and Purchasing team in the request for quotation and participate in the evaluation of technical solutions from the different suppliers and the selection of supplier
- Develop and maintain the timeplan for component development in alignment with the main project milestones
- Drive the component development activity at supplier end through periodic supplier interaction either through phone or face to face meetings
- Conduct formal review of technical specification, design solution, DFMEA etc.,
- Participate in the decision of choosing which quality tools to be used and in the usage of these quality tools, e.g. System FMEA’s, risk analysis etc.
- Develop the verification/validation plan of the component(s) in collaboration with supplier
- Responsible for releasing drawings, technical regulations, HW components and Product structure DCN’s during different stages of design
- Interface with different internal stakeholders like Manufacturing, Aftermarket, SQA, FVV, Product Design, etc.,
- Responsible for achieving the committed quality /delivery/ cost/feature target for the deliveries(components) in project phase as well as in maintenance phase
WHO ARE YOU?
- 5-7 years of experience in electronics component development and its application in vehicles
- Good communication skill (written and verbal) in English.
- BE/M. Tech in Electronics or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of vehicle and application of the component or it’s functionality
- Good HW related knowledge to analyze the electronics schematics and propose improvements required
- Good understanding of Product development lifecycle including validation of components
- Ability to develop timeplan for the product development activities
- Good in Supplier management
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
- Genuine interest in Telematics for Automotive domain
- Knowledge of CAN (e.g. J1939) protocol and Canalyzer, CANoE
- Proficiency in Microcontrollers e.g: C167 controller and its variants
- Knowledge of Software Development process
- Experienced at developing SOW(statement of work)
- Experienced in Serial communication protocol
- Experienced at working in a global organization with cross functional interaction
CURIOUS, AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS? CALL US!
Gopinath K, Group Manager, Integration and Verification,
We want your application before 2019-06-10
Location: Bangalore, India
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.