Senior Project Buyer Electrical Electronics
We are a team of passionate and driven colleagues located in Greensboro, NC.
We see opportunities, we are flexible and we support each other and are open for dialogue and exchange.
You will work in an exciting and global environment and you will join a team with a positive atmosphere who enjoys working together. We look forward to welcome you and have you on board in our team.
As a Senior Project Buyer you will act as the main interface towards Suppliers and internal Projects during the entire project phase. You will be responsible to secure that the Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management (QDCFTSR) targets are met and maintained and you will ensure that selected suppliers are ready for production.
- Be an active member in the global network of Project & Commodity buyers
- Develop the Sourcing plan for components & systems according to cross functional time plans
- Manage Sourcing activities in project phase:
- Drive the supplier selection process
- Secure that supplier selection complies with Targets/Budget (Sourcing deadline, tooling/SIPD cost…)
- Secure the outcome of the Sourcing in a contractual package
- Ensure deliverables from suppliers to fulfill APQP activities managed by SQE
- Challenge, Negotiate, Secure & Report fulfillment of Project targets in terms of QDCFTSR during Sourcing and Project phase
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in the Project phase
- Manage parts and orders in Project phase and ensure a timely part transfer in the system to the Commodity buyer
- Ensure that the supplier is prepared for production, including capacity and all needed system updates (Parma codes, EDI connection…)
- Manage Project Performance Reviews with suppliers and stakeholders
- Provide input on Supplier Project Performance to the Commodity buyer
- University degree in Business, Engineering or related field and or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in Purchasing and/or extensive negotiation experience with a supplier/customer relationship
- Business acumen
- Motivated by change management and ability to drive change
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Multicultural experience is an asset
As a person we believe that you have a business-oriented mindset with both a financial and technical understanding. You enjoy the challenge of having contact with experienced and skilled suppliers and you also possess strong communication and networking skills. In addition to this you enjoy driving your own work and taking initiatives, with a team player attitude.
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.