Routing Area Leader (Lead Engineer)
Do you want to work on new and exciting products for the future, securing and improving Volvo Groups position in the industry? You will serve as a specialist within the Routing & Clipping area, requiring limited direction and supervision.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
We are a high-energy team with a professional attitude. We enjoy our work, and the people we work with. We continually produce quality work, usually under challenging deadlines, covering the complete vehicle. Working cross-functionally is the norm. We are passionate about our team, work and the Volvo Group.
- Responsible for virtual and physical reviews and validations of all routed media (pneumatic, fuel, electrical, urea etc.) within the chassis vehicle architecture.
- Review project concepts for routing all media to the various components affected by new designs.
- Obtain agreements, cross functionally, with all stakeholders (Vehicle Engineering, Manufacturing, Aftermarket etc.) to ensure that proposed component/system locations and associated media routing are acceptable to all.
- Coordinate part requirements to assemble new designs, on sample chassis, to ensure sales offerings validated physically as required.
- Hold and lead cross-functional meetings with all stakeholders (Cab, Chassis, Electrical, Manufacturing, Aftermarket etc.) to ensure new designs are cascaded throughout the organization.
- Heavy emphasis placed on expertise, knowledge, originality, analysis and significant interaction within internal departments and external organizations.
- Authority to take the necessary measures in order to accomplish imposed responsibilities.
- Take necessary routing decisions in a project or a study. Decisions should be within project pre-requisites, frame/scope. This is to achieve agreed project requirements balanced with platform requirements.
- Arbitrate issues between commodities, and escalate needed, write Protus cases if/when necessary.
- Propose and initiate solutions in order to reduce A-Interface and vehicle module diversity.
- Give input regarding routing & clipping matters to stakeholders from a complete vehicle perspective.
- Decide with PME’s if/when the Mock-up Assembly Agreement (MAA) process is used, develop the scope of the areas to be studied. Obtain cross-functional agreement as to whether physical validations will also be required.
Leading multi-disciplinary/cross-functional teams comes easily to you. You should be action oriented. Be able to make quality decision on your own, sometimes without all of the facts. Collaborating internally and cross-functionally is an everyday occurrence. Working with customer focus is a constant. You will need the ability to persevere through tasks, whilst continually developing yourself and skills.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred.
- Competence in ProE/Creo is preferred but not necessary; experience on a CAD system is beneficial.
- At least 5 years of experience in product development projects within cars and/or in commercial vehicles.
- Have a good ability to communicate both in written and spoken English.
- Must be able to lead and direct teams cross-functionally.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Must be able and willing to travel domestically and internationally.
If this sounds like you, please do not hesitate to apply for this position.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.