Health and Safety Manager
Volvo is committed to providing a safe environment through innovative programs, consistent and comprehensive processes, and strong, SAFETY-FIRST leadership.
We are looking for a Health and Safety Manager to support our North American distribution network that includes 8 Distribution Centers. The position will be based at our Byhalia DC, which is a 1 million square foot facility located approximately 25 miles southeast of Memphis, TN and employs approximately 625 employees. The Health and Safety Manager will provide leadership to the organization, and be able to identify opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety programs and initiatives.
This position will identify, develop, implement and manage health and safety programs and initiatives consistent with company business plans and in compliance with federal, state, local and Volvo requirements. The Health and Safety Manager also will be responsible for establishing internal policies that will create and maintain a safe workplace.
- Develop and implement Health and Safety plans in the workplace to reduce work related injuries and illnesses, in accordance with established regulatory requirements, as well as, Volvo policies, directives and guidelines.
- Prepare policies to establish a culture of Health and Safety.
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law; establish internal policies, and review and update as necessary to ensure compliance.
- Conduct training and presentations for Health and Safety matters and incident prevention
- Monitor current and future legal and other requirements applicable within operations, and planned operational changes or new equipment/processes. Ensure potential impacts and controls are communicated to operational management.
- Provide support to ensure incident investigations are effective to discover causes and ensure appropriate actions are identified, implemented and monitored.
- Recommend and lead solutions to issues, improvement opportunities and initiatives, or new prevention measures.
- Define, drive and report on Health and Safety goals, actions, awareness, issues and statistics
- Coordinate efforts with Corporate Risk Manager on all litigated workers’ compensation claims with our insurance companies and external counsel.
- Partner with organizational leadership and Corporate Regional H&S Center of Expertise to establish health and safety strategic plan and priorities and to develop, implement, and continuously improve health programs and performance.
- Lead and monitor the workers’ compensation claims management process,
- Manage and develop programs to support the Return to Work program and Policy
- Participate in collective bargaining contract negotiations, and establish process to administer and monitor adherence with established contractual health and safety language.
- Represent the Company working closely with regulatory agencies, community groups and other interested parties related to health and safety matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health, Safety, or Environmental Science/Engineering
- Master of Science in related field preferred
- Health & Safety Certification preferred (e.g. ASP, CSP or other)
- Ten (10) years experience managing safety and health within a manufacturing, industrial, or distribution environment
- Three (3) years’ direct supervisory experience
- Experience with Workers’ Compensation Claims management preferred
- Union experience preferred
- Working knowledge of ergonomics
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of supply chain operations and/or distribution center operations highly preferred
- Deep understanding of legal Health and Safety regulations
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational, leadership and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to quickly acquire a comprehensive understanding of State Workers’ Compensation law;
- Strong communication skills, both orally and written; the ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary workforce is essential
- Experience working with people in varying organizational levels
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.