Lead ESW Application Engineer - Software Architect Android Development
Group Trucks Technology
Are you the kind of person who is passionate about connectivity solutions, android systems, apps and what can happen when you merge technologies from different areas? Would you like to use your passion in the automotive industry and be part of the digital transformation leap? Would you like to work in a great team with competent and helpful colleagues?
At Vehicle Connectivity we are in the heart of this transformation, and we work with implementing end-to-end functions like Entertain the Driver, Driver Coaching, ISee, Remote SW Download and Geofencing. Connectivity is a key enabler for fleet management, uptime services and advanced vehicle services like driver assistance and fuel reduction, targeting reduced costs as well as increased revenues. Our android based service and entertainment system is enabling new features in the entertainment productivity and uptime field.
The development in the area of connectivity is fast, furious and fun!
We are now looking for Software architects to our scrum teams that can be a part of driving and develop our Entertainment and Connected Services Software teams & products into the future.
The mission & context:
- Develop and maintain our in-house developed SW (android apps such as the different branded launchers and the Dynafleet app)
- The target is to work ~50/50 as architect/developer
- Deliver software fulfilling agreed QDCF targets
- Coach and continuously support the coworkers in the team to deliver according to committed deliveries and to achieve the objectives in our roadmap.
- Lead and continuously develop the processes, methods and tools that are used by the team to continuously improve
- Secure that the team is using the fit for purpose tools & technologies
- Ensure that the Entertainment and Connected Services SW solutions, products and projects area are developed and delivered in an optimal way
In this role you will create an efficient and trustful day-to-day operation. You have proven experience as a technical leader. It is important that you have an innovative and creative mind-set in order to inspire and challenge your organization. You also have a true can do attitude, a strong quality focus and a personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for your team & products, understanding how these contribute to the our vision, strategy & roadmap.
We believe this is a position for a person that has the ability to work under demanding conditions and to create a successful working climate in these situations. As a person, you have a broad technical know-how combined with very good people skills and a strong belief in agile methods. You have a strong ability to inspire, develop and motivate individuals and teams.
The main responsibilities are:
- Secure that the software is developed in line with applicable technology strategies according to stipulated processes, methods and tools
- Participate in relevant concept selections & investigations
- Help in building, growing, maturing and optimize the SCRUM team
- Participate and contribute in retrospective meetings, sprint reviews, etc.
- Coach team members in the daily activities and secure necessary pre-requisites for a successful execution of responsibilities
- Coach the team members regarding architectural matters
- Regular communication to the team on architecture, strategies & roadmaps
- Secure knowledge sharing regarding architecture
- Support in developing processes, methods, tools and standards related to android W development at EACS & Vehicle Connectivity.
- Take an active role in moving Vehicle Connectivity into an agile development organization.
Requirements & qualifications:
- Master of Science in Computer Science, Electronics or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience from android SW development
- Minimum 6 years of experience from SW development
- Experience of agile methods, such as SCRUM, KANBAN & XP
- Understanding of excellent SW development practices e.g. XP practices Test Driven development, CI&CD, Code Review, Pair Programming, CCO, User Sorties, Storytelling etc. is meriting
- Highly valued is android full stack development capabilities
- Knowledge in the Android platform and the fundamentals of Android application development and the paradigms around it
- Have an open multi-brand and multi-cultural mindset
- Have good communication skills
- Be business and customer oriented
- Have excellent prioritization skills and ability to eliminate roadblocks
- Have an inspiring leadership and find it rewarding to manage co-workers to perform their best in a successful working climate
- Experience in Jenkins, GIT, Jira, Artifactory & Python is meriting
- Experience in Web communication (REST/JSON/web sockets...) is meriting
- Experience in Cyber security, PKI, SELinux/SEAndroid is meriting
- Experience from IT development is an asset
- Experience in Android Testing Frameworks such as Espresso and Squish is meriting
- Experience of working in Test Driven and/or Behavior Driven Development is meriting
- Experience of SW development in automotive (truck or car) industry is meriting
- Experience of SW development within the area of connected services is meriting
For any further information please contact:
Priya Kulkarni, HR Recruiter, phone +91 80 66912204
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support.
With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.