District Sales Associate (Trainee)
District Sales Associate (Trainee)
Entry level position designed with the goal of entering into a commercial sales position (i.e. District Sales Manager, Pricing Manager, etc.). Promote Volvo Trucks North America, Volvo Truck Rental and its products and services within an assigned district to meet or exceed sales targets.
- Identify and target the sales and leasing segment. Build a business case around each segment.
- Collaborate and communicate with District Sales Managers and Regional Fleet Managers to exchange information, such as selling strategies or marketing information to assist in building business in new markets.
- Identify potential customers by using prospecting tools, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, and Full Service Lease, Contract Maintenance, and Rental services.
- Participate in sales promotions and blitzes, customer events, leasing and demonstrators.
- Participate in the Engineering Buddy System with respective GTT members.
- Complete a rotation in the New Trucks Pricing area, working with the Pricing Managers from each region.
- Work closely with colleagues across various Volvo Trucks functional groups.
- Shadow and train within internal departments throughout Volvo Trucks North America.
- Shadow Field Sales (i.e. District Sales Manager, Regional Fleet Sales Manager, etc.)
- Dealership experience/exposure
- Understand and be able to build rate sheets for full service lease customers.
- Understand market and going to market strategies.
- Maintain customer records using Salesforce.
- Build/spec trucks using TruckMatch 2 application.
- Open and willing to obtain Commercial Driver’s License.
- Customer Focused – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Acts with a business mindset.
- Technical Learning – Picks up on technical things quickly and is good at learning new industry, company, product or technical knowledge.
- Integrity and trust – Is widely trusted and is seen as a direct and truthful individual. Keeps confidences and admits mistakes.
- Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard and is full of energy. Seizes challenges and opportunities.
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish.
- Learning on the fly – Learns quickly when facing new problems. Analyzes both success and failures for clues to improvement.
- Self-Development – Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself. Self-directed, take responsibility for their own results and are comfortable driving their own progress.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, and written communication skills.
- Problem solver with the ability to think creatively and critically.
- Team-player with a strong sense of self responsibility.
Skills & Knowledge:
- 1-3 years’ experience in sales or corporate work environment
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in business administration, marketing, economics, or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
Send us your resume via this link.
Volvo Group | Volvo Trucks Canada, offers, international career paths, possibilities to work internationally, strong management team, compensation packages that are over the market, flexible benefit plans and a retirement savings plan.
Volvo Group | Volvo Trucks Canada is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout its hiring process.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.