Senior Financial Analyst
Under general direction, analyze and forecast financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. The Senior level will typically: possess well developed knowledge and skills to interpret financial information on costs, prices, expenses and revenues and make recommendations to senior management; complete Standard Cost of Sales for product offerings, become fluent and competent within the informational systems (the Middletown facility utilizes SAP & IFS) conduct and document complex financial analysis projects; develop analysis of economic indicators in order to prepare forecasts and analyze the company's short, medium, and long term position; prepare in-depth evaluations of plans and identify new methods of analysis and presentation; may coach, advise, or train less-experienced financial analysis staff. This position reports to the Site Controller
Principal Duties and Accountabilities (*Essential Functions)
- Analyze and forecast financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions
- Operate within informational system environment to collect, report and analyze transactions and data
- Compile, analyze and report product costs and Standard Cost of Sales
- Collect, compile, verify, and analyze financial information and economic indicators so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making strategic decisions
- Heavy data analysis of revenues, expenses, costs, prices, investments, cash flow, profits, labor market trends, inflation, interest rates, and exchange rates
- Assist departmental and Auditor/Controller staff in the ongoing maintenance of accounting information systems
- Prepares and presents comprehensive evaluations, proposals, and recommendations to executive management, advisory committees, and elected officials
- May coach, advise, or train less-experienced financial analysis staff
- Bachelor's degree
- Five or more years of experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education or experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong analytical, researching, and investigating skills
The ability to remain in a stationary position roughly 80% of the time, as well as the ability to move about the office occasionally (accessing files/storage, office equipment, computers and other office productivity devices, attending meetings, etc.), is required
Using a computer while sitting for extended periods is common
No heavy lifting is expected, though occasional exertion of 10-20 lbs. of force (e.g., carrying a laptop, binder, or both) is required. Good manual dexterity required to use common office equipment (e.g., computers, mobile devices, calculators, copiers, scanners)
The job is in a traditional office setting. Extended periods of sitting while using a computer or other devices are common.
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.