System Verification Engineer with Programming and Automation skills
At Volvo GTT we don’t only have great coffee; we also listen to our employees and encourage them to try new ways to find innovative solutions. If you thrive in leading change and are able to contribute to a climate of cross functional teamwork where everyone are accountable and proud of the products and solutions, then we are hoping you to join our team.
This is us; your new colleagues
Aftermarket Technology (AMT) within Volvo GTT provides Volvo Group with the best possible solutions supporting our aftermarket business. One part of AMT is Diagnostic Engineering who delivers diagnostic SW based solutions to the aftermarket, providing the workshop technicians the tools and services needed to reduce the downtime for Volvo Group products during maintenance and service operations. It is within Diagnostic Engineering the new Diagnostic platform is developed.
Within Diagnostic Engineering and at Quality & Customer Interface, Verification & Validation, QCIVV, we are the voice of our customers all along the diagnostic engineering process.
We are going through a major change in order for Volvo GTT to become the world leading automotive software development company. Therefore we are now in need of a System Verification Engineer or Embedded SW Engineer who has the drive and passion to contribute to this major change and who sees that the key to success is to always strive to be the best in the world whatever you do. You will be part of an open, friendly and skilled team consisting of passionate people. We work in an optimistic atmosphere, where joy, knowledge sharing and openness are key characteristics. With us you will have a diverse, friendly and open minded team on your side, always providing you the help needed to manage tasks you can’t imagine today!
As System Verification Engineer /ESW Engineer you will define the framework for automatic tests for our new platform as well as our current diagnostic solution, TechTool. You will be part of the team that provides test environments to our different development teams. This will be both HIL and SIL environments and sometimes even a real truck. In order to make really relevant test cases it is important that you understand the End to End Diagnostic flow. Even if your main duty will be to work with the automation framework you will also be part of all necessary steps in the SW testing process including test preparation, test execution and test reporting. We are seeking persons with broad experience as well as you have not yet built up your experience ,but feel that you have the right drive and passion for this kind of job.
Your main focus will be to:
- Define and develop the test framework to be used by the different agile teams(including verification engineers) for verification
- Prepare necessary upgrades for system under test (SUT) before execution
- Independently execute tests in our test environments (HIL&SIL rigs, trucks, simulation models, etc.)
- Report the results in a clear and traceable way and be part of retrospectives on our way of working
- A Master or Bachelor degree in Engineering (preferably Electrical Engineering, Physics Engineering or Mechatronics/Automation Engineering) or equivalent professional experience
- Good knowledge about electronics / embedded SW testing on system level
- Have worked with a framework for test automation (e.g. Robot Framework) and good knowledge of the different methods for monitoring / steering a system under testing and logging the data
- Basic knowledge of the equipment for electronics System testing (CANoe, CANalyzer, etc.)
- Good knowledge in programming (e.g. Python)
- Good knowledge of test automation methods, simulation tools and virtual verification methods
- Basic knowledge in agile SW development way of working including continuous integration / continuous delivery / continuous deployment
- SAFe and ISTQB certificates are merits
- Excellent English, other languages and working in a multi-cultural environment are also considered to be a merit
We believe it is the right mindset that will make a difference within our organization. If you see yourself working in an environment that challenges you to combine your theoretical strengths with a more hands on attitude, then we believe you have the right attitude to be successful in this position. You enjoy working globally and will be working within an international team with team members world-wide. You are a person with ability to see the bigger picture and you love the challenge in finding efficient solutions. You are an excellent communicator and You have leadership skills that can motivate and develop others.
We are aiming high – the best SW testing team in the world!
Are you up for the challenge? We will screen candidates continuously so please do not wait to submit your application.
For more information please contact:
Richard Elmlund, Head of QCIVV, +46 739028995
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.