Manager, Technical Training Operations
Manage the technical training facilitation process & quality for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks technicians in the US, Canada, and Mexico. Manage the staffing and operations of all the regional Mack Trucks Academy and Volvo Trucks Academy training centers located in Atlanta, GA, Hagerstown, MD, Allentown, PA, Joliet, IL, Vaughn, CA and Quebec City, Quebec .
- Develop and publish technical training course schedules to meet the demands of the network and ensure utilization of regional staff and facilities
- Collaborate with dealers, customers, and corporate staff in scheduling on-demand training to meet business objectives
- Lead efforts to ensure published classes are utilized to capacity. Provide coaching to dealer technicians and managers on next steps in their development path
- Process manage groups that have a Dealer Employed Trainer (DET) and perform assessments on course delivery quality ensuring learning objectives are met. Perform audits to qualify proper tooling and equipment requirements
- Direct manager for technical training delivery team. Recruit, retain, and develop key talent within the team. Ensure consistency and quality of training delivered by regional technical training managers
- Manage the day to day operations of our regional training centers and all tooling & equipment
- Collaborate with the technical training development team to ensure all training content and scenarios remain relevant. Provide feedback, problem solve and work cohesively to manage changes in course content to ensure the highest quality experience
- Actively manage the technical training development path to ensure dealers are meeting the required training standards. Develop & implement plans to secure Master level technicians complete course requirements and timely renewals to provide a properly trained network for our customers
- Collaborate with the training support team on course scheduling and changes. Work together to ensure class seats are fully utilized, closed and billed
- Actively participate in industry conferences, dealer meetings and other commercial activities with the goal of improving product & industry knowledge and actively engaging our dealer network through our programs & offerings to develop and retain top talent in their organization
- Customer Focus
- Directing Others
- Developing Direct Reports
- Priority Setting
- Presentation Skills
- Driving for Results
- Integrity and Trust
- Learning on the Fly
- AA in Diesel Technology or equivalent relevant experience
- Certified trainer or equivalent relevant experience
- 5-7 years of service experience in the heavy-duty or medium-duty truck, automotive, construction, agriculture or other capital equipment industries or equivalent leadership experience in a technical training and development function
- Frequent travel within North America
- Occasional international travel
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Founded in 1900, Mack Trucks - recognized around the world as “The American Truck You Can Count On” – to builds durable and reliable, application-driven vehicles that get the job done. An iconic brand, Mack embodies the American spirit: pioneering, hard-working, authentic and ambitious. With Mack Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.