Vehicle Geometrical Architect, Feature Engineer (Lead Engineer)
Do you want to work on new and exciting products for the future, securing and improving Volvo Groups position in the industry? You will serve as a specialist within the Vehicle Geometrical Architect group, with an emphasis on the suitability for bodywork feature, requiring limited direction and supervision
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
We are a high-energy team with a professional attitude. We enjoy our work, and the people we work with. We continually produce quality work, usually under challenging deadlines, covering the complete vehicle. Working cross-functionally is the norm. We are passionate about our team, work and the Volvo Group.
- The purpose of this job is to provide Vehicle Geometrical Architecture to engineering to fulfill the following (but not limited to):
- Emphasis on vehicle application towards suitability for bodywork. You will develop and evaluate the features for enhancing our products to our end customers.
- Serves as a specialist within the Vehicle Geometrical Architect and suitability for bodywork areas, requiring limited direction and supervision.
- Lead multi-disciplinary/cross-functional teams to deliver quality secured geometry towards the projects whilst solving packaging / geometry issues between different commodities.
- Propose solutions for complete offer scenario / packaging to meet application and customer requirements.
- Analyze and propose common solutions that can support all brands in order to minimize part numbers and maximize common parts (CAST).
- Maintain awareness of other projects, which may affect your current projects, or areas of authority.
- Identify A-interface impacts and balance project geometrical requirements with platform requirements according to A-interface process whilst reducing diversity if possible.
- Drive Digital Mock-up (DMU structure) deliveries according to DMU logic
- Take necessary geometrical decisions in a project or a packaging study. Decisions should be within project pre-requisites, frame/scope. This is to achieve agreed project requirements balanced with platform requirements.
- Arbitrate issues brought up between commodities, and escalate if needed, write Protus cases if/when necessary.
- Determine geometrical verification methods that should apply to a given project, request packaging vehicles and/or physical mock-up taking into account area complexities, time and cost.
Leading multi-disciplinary/cross-functional teams comes easily to you. You should be action oriented. Be able to make quality decision on your own, sometimes without all of the facts. Collaborating internally and cross-functionally is an everyday occurrence. Working with customer focus is a constant. You will need the ability to persevere through tasks, whilst continually developing yourself and skills.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred.
- Competence in ProE/Creo is preferred but not necessary; experience on a CAD system is beneficial.
- At least 5 years of experience in product development projects within cars and/or in commercial vehicles.
- Have a good ability to communicate both in written and spoken English.
- Must be able to lead and direct teams cross-functionally.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Must be able and willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- If this sounds like you, please do not hesitate to apply for this position.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.