IT Architect – BI & Analytics
The Advanced Analytics Service at Group IT, CoE provides an analytics platform, run on Microsoft Azure cloud, enables Volvo Group to implement Advanced Analytics projects. The service provide technical support in both one-time and run-time.
Are we a perfect match?
Working for Volvo Group IT Center of Excellence means breaking new grounds, investigating and exploring ways of working and new techniques.
With us, you have the possibility to specialize within a certain area of interest and you will be an important contributor in making the Volvo Group succeed, meaning you will work and co-operate with stakeholders and peers all over the Volvo Group.
We are already at the forefront when it comes to technology and building future mobility solutions, and we believe having engaged employees is the key to our success. We value flexibility and work life balance, and in return we ask for your commitment in order to make this happen.
Have you heard about the Center of Excellence at Group IT?
We support the Volvo Group Mission of driving prosperity through transport solutions. At the Center of Excellence we aim to contribute to the mission by delivering digital expertise, emerging technology know-how, and best practice and methods. We continually strive to be the trusted partner in the digital transformation of the Volvo Group.
The Center of Excellence is a new unit at Group IT - a large multi-cultural organization with 800+ employees and 150+ contractors located mainly in 7 countries - Sweden, Poland, India, France, US, Brazil, USA, and Belgium.
Within the COE there are individual centers of excellence for Emerging Technologies & Architecture, BI & Analytics, SAP, Document Management, Project Management Practice, Consulting & Change Management, Development Practice, as well as the Volvo Group IT Function Cyber Security.
Build and implement the architecture for enterprise BI/Analytics and data management which means you will:
- Face the business and create the architecture to realize the business requirements on BI & Analytics supporting value realization
- Manage end-to-end data and integration design for all key business domains
- Partner with Data Management, Data and Analytics Engineering to establish an information architectural plan across multiple solution areas
- Architect and design solutions for data quality, reliability and data governance
- Own conceptual data models and align and review logical data models, API definitions and analytical data products for consistency and completeness
- Embrace and influence domain driven design and architecture principles of security, scale, uptime and reliability
- Partner with business and enterprise data leaders to provide technical advice on data governance, data quality and stewardship
- Guide and mentor engineering teams to raise collective technical expertise
- Demonstrate a strong bias for architecture principles balanced with tactical timelines, cost and risks
- Contribute to architecture guiding principles, development standards, training and hiring
- 5-10 years providing architectural leadership to business, technical & cross-functional teams within the data and analytics domain
- 5 years in hands-on application, data, integration or analytics engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Information Management, preferably Master’s degree. MBA is a plus
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements and architecture conversations with all stakeholders (management, business users, and technology resources)
- A solid understanding and experience with data integration, data APIs and data warehousing, reporting and analytics platforms with a proven background in architecture and implementation of applications, integrating with OLTP and 3rd party systems
- Strong understanding of data and information architecture, including experience with Big Data, Relational databases, High performance data analytics platforms, streaming and batch data processing
- Strong experience building end-to-end solutions with focus on data and integration
- Experience implementing data management solutions for non-technical data stewards and business owners
- Familiarity with leading enterprise cloud/virtual architectures like AWS, Microsoft Azure, Open Stack, JIE, etc.
- Demonstrated track record of leading within complex organizations requiring strong influence management skills - ability to work cooperatively at all levels in matrix environment
- Experience in Automotive is a plus
We search for passionate people who want to help us make the transportation industry sustainable. We believe you are a teamplayer with excellent communication skills who is strong in building relationships. We continuously strive for improvement and need pragmatic, result oriented, self-going people who live the Volvo Group values.
Interviews will be ongoing continuously!
Curious about getting to know more? Contact us on:
For French applicants: Olivier Souvignet, +33 664052623
For Swedish applicants: Gerd Gustafsson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.