FVV Workshop Supervisor (Prototype Workshop)
In Complete Vehicle we are close to end customers, understanding their needs and behaviors. Our engaged teams have a holistic view of the entire truck and bring hands-on truck experience.
Features, Verification & Validation is a global organization using deep customer knowledge to break down customer features into technical requirements. We drive validation plans to reach the requested feature level and secure end customer satisfaction. We also manage the verification plans thanks to world class physical and virtual tests on the complete vehicle such as durability testing in rigs, fuel economy testing, reliability testing with customers and a variety of simulations and tests with trucks on proving grounds and open roads. Our skilled and engaged teams are located in Gothenburg, Lyon, Greensboro, Curitiba, Bangalore and Ageo.
- Supervises the daily activates of a team of technicians to prepare, develop, instrument, & perform a variety of complete vehicle tests. This may include: Supporting engineers and technicians with vehicle retrofits, prototype development, installation and troubleshooting of instrumentation and sensors and the setup and maintenance of test rigs.
- Manages daily workshop related assignments to support product development validation engineering activities.
- Applies organized, systematic, and detailed mechanical methods to fulfill goals of assignment relating to vehicle components or systems. Assignments are phases of larger project or lesser complete projects that involve significant repair or modification to vehicles.
- Direct supervisory responsibility for 10+ direct employees.
- Participates in departmental resource-planning activities.
- Maintains a well-defined relationship with engineering staff including design engineering.
- Supervises the mechanics in daily activities including leading daily team meetings, keeping project timelines, and Provide feedback on project deliverable's.
- Drives an environment of quality and safety.
- Fully supports training and promotes a high performance environment
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum BS degree required; MS degree preferred
- Min. 8 years of testing experience required.
- Within transportation industry and/or Heavy Duty Truck education required
- Prior supervisory experience with direct reports is required.
- CDL required.
- Ability to travel 10% per month required.
- Leadership Competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Plans and Aligns
- Builds Effective Teams
- Communicates Effectively
- Action Oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to communicate with engineering staff at a technical level
- Complete understanding of heavy duty truck and trailer systems and functions
- Complete understanding of A/C Systems; complete understanding of AC/DC Electrical Systems
- Should be able teach new employees & help develop entry level engineers & techs for each test process. Should set good examples, keep positive attitude, & be flexible to the product development environment. Should have good understanding of Volvo processes and procedures.
- Needs complete ability of troubleshooting technical problems.
- Needs Good understanding of Protus & KOLA & Needs complete understanding of EBD, tech tool, single purchase requests, investment requests, & department sourcing of materials
Manager Prototype Workshop and Test Labs
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.