Group Manager Project Management Order Office: Cab Engineering N.A.
Cab Engineering North America has the responsibility for Cab Projects as well as Cab Architecture for the Mack Truck and Volvo Conventional Truck brands. We develop new and advanced cabs for our future trucks, while continually adapting our current products to different market demands. Working in an international environment is an exciting challenge, which is placing more and higher demands on our employees.
The Project Management Order Office group is responsible for securing all project deliveries within Cab Engineering NA according to the defined vehicle architecture and platform direction.
- As a manager within Cab Engineering you are expected to have a strong business mind-set. You need to be an inspiring leader, have a positive mind-set and be interested in developing people as well as technology.
- Be responsible for staff, budget and the technical development within your area.
- Manage the budget for Cab N.A. and work with Vehicle Development & business control for forecast.
- Manage Cab project review meetings prior to project gates
- Represent Cab in local/global meetings when needed.
- Be accountable for the delivery of project activities on time and according to budget with full QDCF.
- Manage the Project Management Office deliveries – respecting budget, delivery time & quality.
- Manage and oversee pro-active quality initiatives and work with counterparts to prepare risk mitigation plan when needed.
- Ensure that all members of the team have adequate training/knowledge to complete their assigned tasks.
- Manage headcount analysis, work package strategy as well as global co-ordination with all sites when needed.
- Responsible to drive ISO 26262 compliance with CAB Engineering and support E2E mindset.
- Support continuous improvement with initiatives like knowledge management, Operational development and other learning strategies.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or related field, required
- M.S. Degree in Engineering is preferred
- 5-8 years of Product Development experience
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Directing others: Is good at establishing clear directions. Sets stretching objectives. Lays the work out in a well planned and organized manner. Maintains two way dialogue with others on work and results. Brings out the best in people.
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted. Is seen as a direct, truthful individual. Admits mistakes. Doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Drive for results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully. Steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Delegation: Clearly and comfortably delegates both routine and important tasks and decisions. Broadly shares both responsibility and accountability.
- Leadership Competencies: Ensures accountability, Decision Quality, Instills Trust, Communicates effectively, Action Oriented.
- Excellent Organizational and planning skills
- Excellent presentation skills.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.