Commodity Buyer Electronics
Our offer to you
The area of Electronics is characterized by a dynamic environment with fast moving technology, new business models and varying demands from customers. We strive to be in the front seat of this development and this is where you come into the picture. We offer a chance to together with us be a part of developing and setting the course for our society’s future connected solutions.
What will you work with as Commodity buyer within Electronics?
- To give you an idea of what a day might look like this will be your overall tasks:
- You will drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets during production phase. QDCFTSR = Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management
- You will also be responsible for production and after production with activities such as handling supplier crisis, supplier switch activities, follow-up of contracts and agreements with suppliers and ensure implementation
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes during production phase and after production phase
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to supplier base management, production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
- You will work in a close collaboration with the segment leader and project buyer for Electronics
We are a group located in Gothenburg and Lyon who likes to work hard and have fun together. We are committed to our customers and the Volvo Group success. We work cross functional both within and outside the Volvo Group.
You will work with a high performing team aiming at world-class purchasing for future connected solutions – sounds exciting, doesn’t it?
This is you
Since we don’t know you yet we might not have everything right about your background and experience. But we do know that we need someone with the ability to drive change and who dares to try things no one has done before. The most important thing for us is that you are:
- An open minded person with a can-do attitude
- Always trying to improve, both yourself and your work environment
- Responsible, dependable and that you like to do business, since that is what this job is about
- A true team player with belief that the best results are achieved together while having fun
- We also believe you have an adequate academic education and preferably experience from the area of purchasing with a negotiation background. If you have international experience that is also definitely an advantage
Then you should apply today. We are moving into the future and this is a chance to join us on our ride!
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.