Associate System Verification Engineer
Are you looking for a challenging engineering role in an organization that values new ideas and mentors new employees in our products? At the Volvo Group we listen to our employees and encourage them to apply their fresh ideas and industry experience to create innovative solutions for our customers. If you thrive in leading change and you are able to contribute to a climate of cross-functional teamwork where everyone is accountable and proud of the products and solutions they create, then we hope you consider joining our team.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
The Electrical Engineering and Vehicle Connectivity department delivers all electrical features on Volvo and Mack trucks in the North American market and exports models globally.The System Team focuses on securing that the quality of the developed, and deployed, solution meets the demands stated in requirements and acceptance criteria. The unique combination of analytical and technical skills, together with understanding of the business requirements, and domain knowledge, allows the System Team to verify the quality of the electrical and electronic solutions used in our products.
We want to make a difference by being there for our colleagues and our customers and by providing high quality and reliable products. All over the world. Every day. You will work with a diverse and passionate team who value a culture of learning and mentoring. You will have a chance to work hands on with solutions under development and apply your skills to deliver only the highest quality to our customers.
The mission of the Associate Verification Engineer is to define Electrical Engineering (EE) platforms for system verification and that HW & SW component deliveries are integrated to defined platforms needed for EE projects. The mission is also to drive and secure releases of EE platforms from EE department.
- Define what software and hardware configurations are required to meet EE projects needs for verification and vehicle builds
- Create defined platforms
- Part numbers
- Test object maturation
- Document issues
- Approve or reject HW & SW component deliveries for defined EE platform
- Create EE platform(s) in internal tools
- Release the EE system integration baseline
- Drive the EE approval meetings and to prepare and present a summarized status of the EE platform(s) at the approval meetings
- Communicate the formal recommendation and status of the EE platform(s) to be released at the software update group (SWUG)
- Support the Configuration Manager in the update of the system integration plan and to review the correctness of the plan
- Provide I&V with necessary input regarding upcoming platforms for them to create test plans
- Take part in the Release Management activities
- Support component owner before and during system level integration
- Support any unforeseen issues in the EE platforms for end user
- Keep track of EE platforms after system release. Support if issues is seen in manufacturing or field test
- Knowledge of Automotive instrumentation and HMI applications and simulations
- Knowledge of On board diagnostics (OBD) and emission regulations (CARB, EPA, BIN)
- Knowledge of software development principles
- Knowledge of configuration management
- Ability to manage work independently
- Ability to use standard shop tools for troubleshooting and repair
- Experience working with Vector tools (CANcase, CANalyzer, CAN0e)
- Support ECU SW and HW Owner with problem solving activities
- Accept or reject a component delivery depending on the delivery completeness and/or quality of it.
- Recommend and decide what platforms are to be created to support the requested delivery plan by the EE projects and programs
- Recommend and approve the system integration baseline
- Represent EEE at SWUG (Software Update Group) and to deliver the approved EE platform (this is only valid for Gothenburg way-of-working)
- BSc or MSc electrical engineering, computer science or similar, is required. Master's degree is preferred
- Knowledge from integration and/or testing of embedded real-time systems
- Good understanding of configuration management
- Good general understanding of embedded software and HW development
- Detailed, analytical, communicative and flexible
- Sense of responsibility and ability to drive and take initiatives
- Business and customer oriented with the ability to support others
- Leadership competencies: Customer focus, Decision quality, Collaborates, Demonstrates self-awareness, Action oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.