Human Resources Director, Service Market Logistics - North America
About Service Market Logistics
Service Market Logistics is part of Volvo Group Trucks Operations. We are an organization of approximately 3,700 employees globally in more than 40 locations. Every day, we are delivering world-class operational excellence for our customers, based upon smart logistics solutions. Our job is to develop, manage and optimize the Service Market supply chain for all Volvo Group brands and Joint Ventures. The scope for Service Market Logistics includes Flow Optimization, Inventory Management, Distribution Center Operations, Customs & Trade, as well as the development of logistics solutions to ensure the highest possible parts availability, delivery precision and quality everywhere in the world. We strive for an innovative and diverse workplace, exercising the Volvo Group values with high focus on customer success.
SML North America is a part of SML and has about 1,200 employees across the United States, Canada and Mexico. We operate a Central Distribution Center near Memphis, TN as well as 8 Regional Distribution Centers across the NA region.
HR Director, Service Market Logistics North America
Today’s Human Resources Leaders want to be challenged, to be strategic business partners, to be key contributors to a company’s performance, culture, and success. The best HR leaders have the ability to drive engagement and inspiration, to build and instill trust, have proven capacity to drive for results and execute against set targets, and can create an environment that cultivates continuous improvement and innovation.
We need a strong inspirational and successful HR Leader! Service Market Logistics North America provides aftermarket parts to our dealers and customers, supporting multiple Volvo brands. We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an HR Director to partner with Management Team peers and to lead the regional HR team supporting business functions in Greensboro, NC and 9 Distributions Centers across North America.
The Human Resources Director provides leadership and direction for all HR functions of SML NA to achieve strategic goals through human capital. This is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle human resources support to our employees and leaders. As part of the SML NA Management Team you will report to the Vice President of SML NA based in Greensboro, NC. You will also be a member of the global SML HR team interacting with a diverse international workforce.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Act as a change agent to drive a continuous improvement mindset in a culture of high performance and accountability
- Advise and coach managers on the implementation of strategies and policies regarding Performance Management, Competence Development, Talent Management, Employee Relations, Workforce Planning, Recruitment, and Compensation/Benefits
- Promote positive employee relations through inspirational leadership. Coach leaders through complex employee relations situations/issues. Champion the Volvo culture as well as assure alignment of management actions with Volvo Group values and principles.
- Act as a strategic business partner for management team members, offering guidance and leadership in achieving overall business goals. Identify HR related initiatives which will influence the implementation of business strategy specific to SML NA
- Implement Human Resource programs, processes and policies compatible with organizational values, ethics and policies and in line with labor law and collective bargaining agreements
- Drive, challenge and support line managers regarding change management, employee engagement, culture, and people development to improve business performance by using available programs and tools.
- Ensure appropriate leadership of labor relations activities and contract negotiations.
- Conduct analysis of HR data to understand trends and resolve problems in order to support the capability of the organization.
- Attract, develop, and retain high quality talent that is appropriate to current and future business needs.
- Demonstrated expertise in implementing and leading change management
- Solid negotiation skills with the ability to represent the company’s interest in a variety of business dealings, negotiate and drive best outcomes for Volvo
- Experience in Organization Development and Business Cycle Management (i.e. Workforce Planning/Strategic Planning)
- Ability to work successfully in a global organization
- Demonstrated expertise in coaching and facilitation
- Develop strong recruitment program for white collar and blue collar employees
- Support distribution centers’ site management with HR matters and ensure high standards are applied accordingly around recruitment, employee development, and disciplinary issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related discipline or equivalent experience; a Master’s degree is preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ of Human Resource Generalist experience in both unionized and non-unionized facilities; UAW or other major industrial Union experience is highly preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years are in a managerial or departmental leadership position
- SPHR and/or SHRM-SCP Certification is highly regarded
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
- Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with union representatives and to support local labor negotiations. Experience with interpretation of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Significant change management experience and demonstrated ability to set demanding targets and to motivate teams and individuals to deliver outside their comfort zones, whilst further developing an excellent working climate and culture.
- Strong internal and external customer service focus.
- In a group that values quality, safety, accountability, diversity, and respect for the individual, the person holds strong personal credibility, integrity and creativity. The work includes problem-solving abilities and an in-depth understanding of the business environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of ‘flexibility’, including the ability to network effectively across a diverse organization and to build enduring relationships across functional areas and geographical areas.
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (including effective presentation skills) with the ability to interact comfortably at all levels of the organization
- Thorough knowledge of US employment law and HR professional practices
- 25% - 40% travel required
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.