Application Engineer-Marine Sales
If you have a high level of understanding regarding boat and engine systems—both gas and diesel, and enjoy providing hands-on engineering solutions and technical sales support for a variety of marine-based customers, we invite you to become part of our Marine Sales team and apply to our position of Field Application Engineer.
The position will be field-based in Michigan in order to support boat OEMs in the regions of Michigan and Northern Indiana.
- Interface with OEM boat builders in your respective area of responsibility to integrate Volvo Penta propulsion products into new OEM boats
- Provide hands-on training to OEM personnel to properly install Volvo Penta propulsion systems, and assist with diagnosing and solving product installation issues
- Work with engineering and service department personnel to solve product related issues and provide feedback on issues in the field
- Conduct sea trials of new model boats to verify correct product application and installation
- Collaborate with the VPA sales team to understand customer requirements and develop BOM’s (bill of material) for propulsion packages. Assist with correcting product delivery issues
- Provide technical assistance during meetings, boat shows, and OEM dealer events
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers
- Must be familiar with the various stages of boat building including design, prototyping, production, design verification, etc., to include being able to read engineering drawings and interpret technical specifications
- Must have a good understanding of boat systems and how they interface to include marine electronics and navigation equipment
- Must be able to travel
- Four year bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred or a technical background equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- A minimum of 1-4 years of work-related skill, knowledge or experience in the marine industry
- Basic 2D and 3D CAD experience is not required, but a bonus
- Requires standing; walking; climbing in and out of boats
- May require hands-on tasks such replacing small engine parts, changing propellers, etc.
- Individual may be exposed to rough sea conditions during boat sea trials
- Frequent travel within Michigan and Northern Indiana by vehicle can be expected on a regular basis. Air travel within the US and internationally should be expected on occasion
Volvo Penta Region Americas offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that includes health, life, dental and vision plans as well as a 401(k) with a company match incentive and a robust pension plan.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.