Commodity Buyer for Iron Castings
Group Trucks Purchasing (GTP) is the global group function covering the purchase of automotive products and parts including aftermarket, for all truck brands in Volvo Group Trucks.
Castings & Forging consists of three teams responsible for Iron Casting, Forging, Aluminium/3D printing. We are a group of highly dedicated and skilled people located in France and Sweden.
Within the Aluminium team, we are now looking for a Senior Commodity Buyer, located either in Lyon (France) or Gothenburg (Sweden). Your main challenges will be to contribute to segment strategies being an active member in the global network of commodity buyers, in order to select the right suppliers, and to continuously secure the best supplier QDCFTSR performance (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management).
The Commodity Buyer is accountable for the QDCFTSR of the supplier base on his segments. He/She is responsible to make sure that the segment strategy is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers, and by continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR performance by using the tools and purchasing/cross functional network during production and after production for Revenue segments.
QDCFTSR: Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management
- Contribute to segment strategies & be an active member in the global network of commodity buyers.
- To secure that supplier selection is aligned with the Segment strategy/Segment Business Plan (To be Supplier base, MCL...)
- To secure the outcome of the sourcing in a contractual package, and that all agreements are approved and signed
- Execute agreements with suppliers during production and after production for Revenue segments
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets during production phase and after production phase for Revenue Parts.
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with SQ&D team
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes during production phase, and after production phase for Revenue segments
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
- Perform hand-over to Uptime buyer when parts are phased out of production for non-revenue parts.
- University degree in Business, Engineering or related field and or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in Purchasing and/or extensive negotiation experience with a supplier/customer relationship
- Business acumen
- Motivated by change management and ability to drive change
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Multicultural experience is an asset
As a person we believe that you have a business oriented mindset with both a financial and technical understanding. You enjoy the challenge of having contact with experienced and skilled suppliers and you also possess strong communication and networking skills. In addition to this you enjoy driving your own work and taking initiatives, with a team player attitude.
We can offer you
- The opportunity to influence highly strategic supplier decisions impacting a substantial part of the concept selection and engine development
- The chance to work with large and strategically important suppliers
- The opportunity to work with products with a rapid and interesting development as the technologies have a fast development growth
- Be able to work and develop in a dynamic and multicultural organization
- Work in agile teams with the possibility to interact directly with Director and VP levels
- GTP is actively working to establish teams and networks that take maximum advantage of the strength inherent in differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender and nationality, etc.
- The preferred location of this position is Lyon or Gothenburg.
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.