Demand and Inventory Planner
The Demand and Inventory Planner position will be part of the Demand & Inventory Planning (DIP)/Operational Planning (OP) North America team within the SML Flow Optimization & Inventory Planning (FOIP) organization. FOIP is a global team driving business performance in the area of service market logistics. FOIP works in cooperation with colleagues inside the SML organization and in business areas around the world to enable customer success through an optimized supply chain from suppliers to customers – balancing service levels, tied-up capital and transport cost and performance.
The DIP/OP team works to ensure high-quality forecasting of future spare parts demand for Volvo Trucks, Mack Trucks, VCE and Penta in North America. This position will be responsible to monitor, analyze and steer the supply chain from an operational level, while also developing methods and processes for improving and innovating the planning process by combining traditional techniques with future technology.
Scope & Influence
This position reports to the Head of Demand & Inventory Planning/Operational Planning NA and is based in Greensboro, NC.
- Conduct high-level forecasting of sales and supplier demand
- Analyze the current sales and supplier demand forecast situations in regards to system-generated forecasts as well as historic demand, trends and deviations. Ensure input from flow planning and Sales Area collaboration
- Propose and perform changes to the sales and supplier demand forecast on the segment level. Monitor and evaluate the changes. Communicate what impact the changes will have on other functions and departments
- Review forecasting parameters. Analyze and simulate parameters using pre-existing parameter review tools
- Find new ways to improve sales and supplier demand forecasting. Identify and develop proactive ways to forecast parts based upon other sources than historical demand
- Be involved in forecasting development to secure the DIP perspective is secured
- Collaborate with other stakeholders and functions outside of FOIP to secure that valuable information is exchanged
- Identify and propose areas that require logistical analysis
- Work on continuous improvement through the Volvo Production System
- Act according to the Volvo values
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- BA/BS degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Mathematics/Statistics, Business Administration or a related field, or equivalent experience. MS degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience preferred
- Experience working with logistics in a complex global supply chain
- Holistic view and ability to grasp the full supply chain
- Broad knowledge of the logistics area
- Knowledge of where to find relevant logistics data, how to retrieve it, and how to validate the data in terms of relevance, correctness and completeness.
- Customer knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a global environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment striving towards operational excellence guided by Volvo’s Values and the Code of Conduct
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required
- Strong problem solving, research and analytical skills
- Ability to perform calculations or to feed systems that calculate or simulate based upon retrieved date, and to analyze and draw conclusions based upon the calculations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively within a multi-cultural and international environment
- Ability to compile and present findings and possible recommendations to a diverse audience
- Ability to develop and maintain productive business relationships
- Comfortable learning new technologies
- Excellent computer skills, (Microsoft Office applications)
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates.
In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.