Technical Support Specialist (Heavy Duty Truck Diagnostics)
Our technology sets the standard – our people make the difference all day every day.
Mission/Purpose of the Job
- Provide guidance and technical support to dealer and fleet technicians regarding all facets of vehicle servicing with special emphasis on maintaining product integrity in the marketplace
- Support all Volvo Group initiatives for both brands (Volvo/Mack) in support for the customer (core focus: vehicle uptime, fix right first time, controlling cost)
- Manage ± 300 cases and ± 250 inbound calls per month to closure while adhering to company and departmental policies & procedures and meeting both quality & financial targets
- Utilize all internal operating systems and data warehouses required to support the repair (Argus, VDA, Configurator, Impact, Parts Compass, Insite, EDR, PHV, etc.)
- Manage and provide complete vehicle support required for dealers and select fleets to resolve customer issues and special requests. This will include on call after-hours support
- Provide authorization to repair and/or replace major components (engines, transmissions, differentials, etc.).
- Release software for programming to repair / diagnose / change functionality / etc. Update Software Configurator and/or the vehicle database VDA to reflect the change
- Provide customized (limited) support for specific fleets as needed
- Provide field insight/interface to Aftermarket Support Engineering, Product Development and Service Engineering for development of long-term solutions to product issues
- Work with engineering during the root cause analysis for complex product concerns to identify the causal part. Develop Case Based Reasoning (CBR) solutions, author and load into the database, manage and maintain CBR content for dealer and select fleet use
- Implement containment strategies to ensure concerns are managed and warranty costs are minimized for specific product concerns
- Conduct investigations into customer issues crossing departmental boundaries
- Monitor, gather and provide recommendations for issues regarding product and technical support functions that affect diagnostics, quality, literature, tooling, computer communications, etc. which need to be addressed and/or resolved
- Input activities into case management system for tracking and reporting
- Provide warranty interpretation for dealers, select fleets and aftermarket personnel to ensure repairs are completed to standard
- Approve additional diagnostic time that would apply to the repair while adhering to warranty policies and procedures
- Analytical Thinking
- Business and Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Computer and Phone
- Conceptual Thinking
- Information Seeking
- Initiative (self-motivated)
- Learning from Experience
- Team working
- Leadership & Facilitation
- Mechanical Function & Design
- Software Design & CAN Protocols
- Associates Degree in Engineering or Automotive Technology or equivalent field/technical experience (Heavy Duty Truck/Diesel).
- Master Tech Certification (current or recent) beneficial
- Ten years of experience in Heavy Duty Truck diagnostics and repair preferred
- Five or more years of experience in heavy truck electronics and engine diagnostics preferred
- Minimum 1 year of customer service experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills, both written and oral, are preferred for one of the openings
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.