System design engineer
We are looking for engaged engineers with the skills, expertise and, more importantly, passion to develop technologies that will create value for our customers. One important area is the electrical and electronic architecture that is the fundament for developing vehicle functionality, such as autonomous drive and electromobility. Are you interested in the development and implementation of concepts for our future electrical and electronic architecture? Then you have here the possibility to take on exciting challenges in an organization committed to finding innovative solutions with state-of-the-art technologies.
The main focus of the group is the development of system-level technologies related to future versions of the electrical and electronic architecture. This means that we shall maintain a holistic perspective on the electronic architecture, rather than focusing on individual hardware or software components, and provide future product development projects with competitive solutions for the EE architecture. One aspect of this is to integrate different concepts into a common prototype that represents a future version of the EE system of a truck.
As a system design engineer you will be engaged in developing technologies and technology concepts for our future EE architecture. Your focus will be on system-level issues, such as network and bus topology, in-vehicle communication protocols at all levels, application software (or logical) architecture, impacts on functional safety and data security. You will, together with colleagues in a team, propose solutions and implement prototypes in order to demonstrate that they are viable. Exact work tasks will vary over time depending on current priorities.
To be successful in this position you need to have
- Understanding of concepts relevant for Electrical and Electronic systems
- Basic understanding of the issues in today’s EE architecture, as well as a decent orientation and knowledge of new technologies and concepts that can address those issues
- Ability to work both on a concept level as well as implementing those concepts in prototypes and experimental setups
- Genuine interest in exploring and learning new technologies
- Desire to be in the forefront of technology
- Creative and innovative mindset
- Ability to drive things to completion
- MSc in Computer engineering, Electrical engineering or equivalent
- Preferably a few years of practical experience in embedded programming and system design of electrical and embedded systems, but new graduates are also welcome to apply
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
For further information, please contact Daniel Karlsson, manager Architecture & Technology integration. Tel: +46 31 322 9949.
During the summer period little or no contact will be taken with candidates. Interviews will start week 33.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.