Quality and Safety Manager
Service Market Logistics (SML) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Operations (GTO). We are a global organization of over 3000 employees located in over 47 locations in 30 countries. Our job is to develop, manage and optimize the Service Market supply chain (aftermarket parts distribution to dealer network) for all Volvo Group brands and joint ventures. We develop logistics solutions to ensure the highest parts availability, delivery precision and quality at all our distribution centers. We ensure that all logistics services are delivered with world class operational excellence utilizing LEAN tools.
SML North America (NA) has over 1,200 employees across the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our distribution network consists of 1 Central Distribution Centers (Byhalia, MS) as well as 8 Regional Distribution Centers across the North American region. In North America we support Mack and Volvo Trucks, Volvo Construction Equipment, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, SDLG and several Volvo Bus brands.
- Following established Volvo and industry guidelines, secure proper safety practices are trained and used in all warehouses to protect our workforce
- Establish standard processes for inbound and outbound quality across all warehouses which ensure containment of issues and permanent corrective action
- Create robust customer returns process which leads to corrective action on all issues found at dealers
- Partner with the Central warehouse and supplier quality teams to drive world class levels of inbound quality
- Work closely with IT to ensure our systems are used correctly on all sites to drive quality and request needed system improvements
- Cooperate with colleagues and drive cross-functional work with support organizations, in order to secure deliverables in an end-to-end customer perspective
- Champion and support the development of the quality and safety culture in the organization
- Leverage network to secure resources from Purchasing and SQA are in place for all supplier related issues
- Promote and practice robust problem solving methods to determine root causes for deviations
- Engages other Volvo entities and third parties, for quality and safety issues, when required
- Ensure we remain fully compliant with all Volvo, state and federal rules and regulations
- Drive the implementation of common quality and safety procedures across NA warehouses
- Drive the improvement of quality and safety across all sites towards establishing and meeting world class quality and safety KPI
- Build an extended quality and safety network, securing that a point of contact is trained and in place at all sites.
- Lead the safety network across SML NA
- Ensure all Volvo IT systems related to quality are deployed properly, coordinating with site management to ensure all local resources are trained and using the systems correctly
- Partner with Purchasing and Supplier quality to put in place robust systems to track and act on supplier quality issues. Ensure all issues found are communicated across all impacted sites
- Partner with Engineering and Purchasing to put in place processes to act on containment of any suspect product involved in a field action
- Partner with the VPS team toward the implementation of LEAN principles. Support Implementation of VPS Principles and Tools throughout the North American Distribution Center Network
- Support and ensure compliance with ISO9001, and ISO14001 and communicate requirements to his/her team.
- Drive the creation of procedures, work instructions and forms as required to support consistent warehouse operation
- Train RDC personnel in new/modified procedures/work instructions, ensuring cross training of personnel in all quality and safety activities
- Assist site management with attracting, hiring and developing talent with a quality mindset
- Ensure data collection is used in support of daily, weekly and monthly quality indicators and reporting for all sites
- Create a strong problem solving culture engaging all employees to ensure they understand and are all-in
- Stay current with other company procedures related to quality and safety as is required
- Identify opportunities for continual improvement in processes and actively participate in implementation of corrective actions to achieve improvements where applicable
- Support other projects or assignments as directed by the NA RDC Director
- Participate in cross-functional meetings and workshops as required
- Maintain compliance with company policy/procedures as required
- Promotes the Volvo Group values and culture
- Frequent NA travel is required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, with strong presentation skills
- Strong leader, proven ability to lead cross-functional and multicultural teams
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively within a multi-cultural and international environment
- Self-motivated, ability to take initiative to improve processes and procedures
- Effective management skills, with ability to multi-task. Demonstrated ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven skills in developing people; coaching and shaping a high-performing team
- Strong leadership skills using an inclusive style of coaching
- Significant change management experience with the ability to set demanding targets; and then motivate teams and individuals to deliver outside their comfort zones
- Strong Knowledge in Lean Principles through formal training preferred
- Proficient in MS Office
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business, Engineering, supply chain or similar field required, , Master’s Degree preferred
- 7 years of experience in Distribution, Manufacturing, Logistics or Quality is required
- Proven record of quality and safety improvement initiatives required, in a warehouse or manufacturing environment preferred
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.