Senior Manager, Technical Training
Lead the Mack Trucks Academy and Volvo Trucks Academy (Academy) technical training team in the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of training activities supporting the technician job role for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks dealers and customers in the US, CAN and MEX and provide Mack technical training support for Mack dealers globally.
· Lead the Academy technical training team in the execution of the overall Volvo Group Trucks Sales & Marketing and Academy mission, vision, wanted position, values, strategic objectives and corresponding activities.
· Collaborate with Dealer Service Advisory Council, as well as, steering and working group committees seeking Dealer input into identifying training needs and validating training content to secure stakeholder buy-in and support and maximizing impact to the performance of the business.
· Collaborate with corporate stakeholder organizations (Customer Satisfaction, Quality and Operations, Group Truck Operations, Group Truck Technologies, etc.) to fully understand commercial aftermarket business goals, objectives, key projects, and performance challenges.
· Lead the Academy technical training team to develop and implement targeted training solutions in support of these business goals, objectives, key projects, and performance improvement initiatives as part of the annual learning business plan process and within corresponding budget allocation.
· Collaborate with Academy training support team to achieve training revenue and budget absorption targets.
· Manage the operations of the seven Academy regional technical training centers in the US, CAN, and MEX.
· Develop, implement, maintain and grow a Mack and Volvo technician recruitment, retention and career development platform.
· Collaborate closely with the Academy training support team to ensure that the technical training offering is of the highest quality, relevant, impactful and cost effective. The training will be delivered using web-based, social media, performance support tools, instructor-led, and train-the-trainer blended learning methodologies.
· Collaborate closely with the Manager, Training Branding and Communication to align all technical training activities with corporate communication and brand policies, guidelines, strategies, imaging and messaging in order to drive the ultimate Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks dealer and customer experience.
· Recruit, retain, and develop key talent within the technical training organization.
· Actively pursue and participate in training and education activities that improve instructional design, technical, project management, presentation and development skills, as well as, participate in industry conferences, exhibits, dealer meetings and other commercial activities with the goal of expanding industry knowledge and understanding of all activities and functions throughout the Aftermarket Channel.
· Customer Focus
· Directing Others
· Managing Diversity
· Priority Setting
· Integrity and Trust
· Drive for Results
· Developing Direct Reports
· Fairness to Direct Reports
· Learning on the Fly
Education / Preferred Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Operations/Logistics, Engineering, Adult Education, or Instructional Design and/or a combination of AA in Diesel Technology, Applied Service Management, ATD or NADA Dealership Operations Management or equivalent plus relevant experience.
· 7 years of service and/or fixed operations management experience in the heavy-duty or medium-duty truck, automotive, construction, agriculture or other capital equipment industries or equivalent leadership experience in training and development function.
· Frequent domestic and international travel.
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.