IT portfolio manager, Digital Experience Platforms
Volvo Penta is famous for pioneering new and smart solutions – innovation is in our DNA. We find our energy in challenging the status quo and by always testing the limits, surpassing the old and familiar. We allow our desire for innovation to flourish and anticipate our customers’ requirements, in every area with which we work.
We aim to be the most forward thinking and customer-focused supplier of sustainable power solutions. Innovative solutions that comply with the modern, socially responsible definition of premium and both meet and exceed the demands of a 21st century marketplace.
Volvo Penta Process & IT is a global function responsible for P&IT planning and portfolio management, Process & IT Solution Management, Information Architecture and Enterprise architecture. The process& IT function is an active part in developing and shaping the Volvo Penta business offering and IT solutions to meet current and future customer needs
To support our vision of becoming the world leader in sustainable power solutions, Volvo Penta will make significant efforts in innovating new solutions and services, where digital platforms and information technology will play a key part.
The next generation of solutions and services will to an increasing extent be digital. Our ability to deliver a great total customer experience, whether on a boat, in a machine, at home or in a workshop, will play a vital role in reaching our vision to be the leader in our field.
We are now looking for an IT Portfolio Manager for Digital Experience Platforms and End customer Services to help us take the next step in digitalizing the customer experience. You will be responsible for all IT solutions within this capability area, working in newly formed team of highly qualified digital experts within Volvo Penta Process & IT. Together with other great colleagues within the global Volvo Penta organisation, you will be responsible for developing the new digital platforms needed to deliver a great digital customer experience to Volvo Penta’s end customers and users of our power solutions for marine and industrial applications.
This position is a global functional role reporting to the Director Digital Platforms and Services at Volvo Penta Process & IT.
The position is based at Volvo Penta headquarters in Göteborg, Sweden. Occasional domestic and international travel is expected.
Core Responsibilities and work tasks:
- Own and manage all IT solutions within the areas of Digital experience and End customer services
- Own and manage the development and operations budget for your solutions
- Develop strategies and roadmaps for your IT solution areas of responsibility
- Manage the pipeline of strategic development activities, plan development roadmaps for your IT solutions
- As product owner, own and prioritize development backlogs for the individual IT solutions
- Actively drive the development of Digital Experience platforms, tools and technologies needed for delivering digital offerings and services to Volvo Penta’s end customers
- Participate as subject matter expert in different projects impacting your IT portfolio
- Be a trusted advisor to the different line organizations, acting as the bridge between the different Volvo Penta organizations in need of IT solutions, and the suppliers building and maintaining the IT solutions
- Actively participate in investigations, assisting Volvo Penta business stakeholders with breaking down complex business questions and opportunities into feasible End-to-End concepts, capabilities and new IT solution designs
- Identify and plan for resource & competence capacity needs to support development efforts
- Prepare needed decisions for the relevant Process & IT decision bodies
Competencies & skills:
- A customer, innovation and business development oriented mind-set
- Deep interest and knowledge in modern digitalization technologies
- Deep understanding in how to use digital tools and Information Technologies to build first class digital customer experiences
- Self-motivated with a profound interest in developing new services, capabilities or technologies to meet internal and external customer needs
- Strong, proven ability to leverage Information Technology to innovate and develop business processes and capabilities
- Very good communications skills with an ability to explain complex topics to different audiences
- Ability to handle complexity and create feasible ways forward in a complex global environment
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills: ability to effectively collaborate, network and interface with a wide variety of colleagues on different levels, across functions and geographies
- Good analytical and planning skills and proven capacity to execute against targets
- Learning on the fly with a “Go to Gemba”, and “boots on the ground” attitude
Minimum 5 years of professional experience from developing digital business solutions using advanced information technology.
Minimum Education Required
Academic degree on Bachelor or Master Level in Information technology, Engineering, communication or other area relevant for this position, or equivalent knowledge acquired in other way.
In return we offer
An opportunity to drive the development of Volvo Penta customer offerings with a true End to End and customer perspective.
You will be an important part of building the continued growth and success of an exciting, market-leading company. You will work in a team with highly skilled and passionate colleagues. This will give you an opportunity for career advancement, in-depth learning about business development and to develop professionally and personally. You will work in close collaboration with colleagues across the globe and deliver cutting edge solutions and services, which drive our market success, profitability and growth.
For additional information, please contact
Jonny Salo-Premmert, VP & CIO, Head of Process & IT
Telephone: +46 739 025681 Call: +46 739 025681
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.