Legal & Compliance Counsel (Japanese Required)
This is a great opportunity for a legal professional already in-house, or in private practice with corporate and commercial experience, to use his/her knowledge and expertise in a broad and varied in-house legal and compliance role, presenting a wide range of challenges. In a function seen as a real partner to the business, this is a great chance to gain exposure to practical challenges requiring both legal knowledge and commercial acumen in a multicultural environment. You will join a team of legal professionals with diverse background and experience, reporting directly to the SVP of Legal & Compliance.
- Advise operational and corporate functions of UD Trucks in all areas of the law (commercial, competition, corporate, employment, IP, etc.).
- Provide legal services and manage wide variety of legal issues relating to the operations of the company, including corporate governance, commercial contracts (marketing, distribution, aftermarket and technical assistance), disputes, employment and environment.
- Counsel company management and leaders on legal risks associated with various alternative means for achieving business objectives.
- Manage disputes in coordination with functions and external counsels and interface with government/regulatory bodies as required.
- Monitoring legal or regulatory changes in relevant jurisdictions and optimize legal security/compliance: report on legal incidents and litigations, compulsory standards, and develop new processes to secure operations
- Coordinate with other legal counsels within the Volvo Group companies and manage outside legal service providers as required.
- Implement Volvo Group compliance policies and initiatives to raise employee awareness.
- Provide compliance trainings to employees of all levels.
- Contribute to building and developing UD Trucks’ compliance framework.
- Lead or support compliance investigations as required.
Our “Corporate Counsel’s Culture”
- Be Proactive
- Take full responsibility for the legal and compliance risk management
- Get to know the business and keep track of what is on-going
- Don’t sit and wait to be invited/consulted, -- get involved
- Poke your nose into matters
- Develop a process that allows you to regularly and routinely touch all departments
- Network internally and externally
- Be responsive
- Be business/result oriented
- Maintain integrity and independence
- Be a team player
- Create awareness of the legal function’s value-add
Required Skills / Experiences:
- Bengoshi (foreign qualified attorney is welcome)
- Business level of Japanese both written and spoken is required to review the contract (JLPT 1 Level)
- Minimum 3 years law firm practice or in-house experience in Japan
- Solid technical legal knowledge/skills and strong business sense required.
- Distinctive problem-solving abilities, synthesizing and communication skills.
- A can-do mind-set with high drive and energy - i.e. willingness to 'go the extra mile' when/if needed.
- Strong personal credibility, integrity and creativity.
- Ability to work with others in a multicultural Team/Office environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel (primarily in Japan) as needed.
UD Trucks and JVs is an international commercial vehicle solutions provider based and headquartered in Japan. UD Trucks and JVs develop, produce and sell a wide range of heavy, medium and light-duty vehicles, supporting smart logistics solutions across 60 countries. Our trucks go the extra distance, giving our customers extra fuel mileage and uptime.
Our 8,000 smart, modern and diversified colleagues work with passion, trust and change to stay ahead for performance. We will always go the extra mile for our customers and business partners.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.