Direct reports: yes
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider for the Volvo Group and its customers and dealers. Our services are important to the Group in terms of customer satisfaction, growth, competitive advantage and product affordability. We offer leasing, instalment financing, insurance solutions, rentals, repair and maintenance contracts, dealer financing and many other services, depending on the market. VFS EMEA has about 700 employees and we are present in 34 countries. We work closely with each Business Entity of the Volvo Group
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Under the finance manager supervision, the purpose of the job is to manage the balance sheet and profit and loss of the markets Nordics and CrossBorder. Employees in this job perform professional accounting work in the recording, reporting and monitoring of the financial transactions of the market. Work includes reviewing fiscal records; and preparing financial reports, analysis and projections; and recommending modifications and improvements. An employee in this classification manages subordinate accounting staff.
- Leads the accounting team for a given market or process. Ensures proper on going training and coaching. Manages back up and minimise key man risk
- Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations within a certain market or process by managing over the accounting department main processes (month end, financial statements, reconciliation, cash management treasury, funding, payroll, GL etc)
- Reviews and approves full set of accounts and ensure timely closing of accounts for a certain market or process
- Maintains internal control and effective accounting system and policies for a certain market or process
- Support Finance Manager in ensuring market or process is compliant with accounting standards and tax regulations and cooperates with external auditors as appropriate. Performs tax activities as appropriate
- Brings to the attention of the finance manager any abnormality in the market or process
- Organizes and reviews entire reconciliation process ensuring proper involvement of FD and FM
- Advise Finance Manager in the improvement of processes and systems. On approval of the FM drives and maintains changes in processes and systems. Provides input to FM in the definition of the accounting strategy
- Participates in market , regional and subregional projects and events as market or process expert. Is deputy for Finance Manager
- Continually review and mange finance operational risk within the relevant market or process
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- BS/BA in Finance or related field is required
- Accounting certification is desirable (CIMA, ACCA etc..)
- Typically 3 to 5 years of accounting experience
- Previous management experience is desirable
- Excellent and up to date knowledge of reporting standards
- Strong evidence of personal initiative and outstanding verbal and written communication skills English
- Innovative problem solving and strong analytical and quantitative abilities
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and desire to lead a team
- Proficient with MS Office, with advanced knowledge in Excel and PowerPoint. Advanced knowledge of Hyperion preferred; Experience with SAP desired
Unionen: Matti Granhage: +46 31 3224368
Akademiker: Gert Andersson: +46 31 3228072
Ledarna: Danny Bilger: +46 31 3228257
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.