Director Raw Material GTP Business Control
Bought materials represent ~70% of truck standard cost of production. Monitoring this spend is crucial to secure group cost strategic objectives target.
Raw material market prices are volatile. Within Volvo Group Purchasing division and Business Controlling department, Raw Material team mission is to develop and deploy raw material market expertize, tools, methods and governance that enable Purchasing to secure and enhance its raw material related performance and thus to provide a competitive advantage to the Volvo Group.
Raw Material team main activities are: market analysis; budget & forecast; support, validation & control (Raw Material agreements, Raw Material part price evolutions); data management.
As Director Raw Material, you will lead a global team of Raw Material Specialists, Cost Analysts and Functional Leader of about 10 people. You will also be the finance business partner to one or two SVPs for monthly performance reviews and estimates.
- Manage a unique global team of Raw Material Specialists, Cost Analysts and Functional Leader that are located on different sites and continents.
- Organize the Raw Material market center of expertize.
- Provide market impact visibility by translating market forecast into cost forecast to support brand price setting etc.
- Provide guidance in Raw Material management by using market expertize.
- Control Raw Material cost, including support, validation & control (Raw Material agreements, Raw Material part price evolutions); track performance vs. market; build and maintain governance structure.
- Lead the continuous development of global processes in the Raw Material team.
- Secure Raw Material synergies across Volvo Group Business Areas.
- Secure and further develop high competence level of the team to achieve department target image in term of deliveries and contribution.
- Drive and foster a holistic, bottom line mindset.
- Drive and develop cross-functional collaboration with other line organizations involved in Raw Material areas.
- Active member of the Business Controlling management team.
- Leadership skills: communication, building effective teams, drive for results among others
- Capacity to build international and cross-functional network to the benefit of the position mission
- Capacity to use English as working languages (written and oral)
- 5 years minimum on a similar business control position in an international environment
- Successful leading people previous experience
- Master degree in Finance/Business/Engineering or successful past experiences in similar areas
For more information please contact:
Carl Gunnar Carlsson, SVP GTP Controlling, +46 31 3235389
Anna Larsson , HRBP, +46 31 3235767
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.