IT portfolio manager, Business Data integration & API Platforms
We aim to be the most forward thinking and customer-focused supplier of sustainable power solutions. Innovative solutions that comply with the modern, socially responsible definition of premium and both meet and exceed the demands of a 21st century marketplace.
Volvo Penta Process & IT is a global function responsible for P&IT planning and portfolio management, Process & IT Solution Management, Information Architecture and Enterprise architecture. The process & IT function is an active part in developing and shaping the Volvo Penta business offering and IT solutions to meet current and future customer needs.
To support our vision of becoming the world leader in sustainable power solutions, Volvo Penta will make significant efforts in innovating new solutions and services, where digital platforms and information technology will play a key part.
The next generation of solutions and services will to an increasing extent be digital and based on sharing data throughout our business eco-system. Our ability to build seamless business processes, sharing data between players in our business eco-system will play a vital role in reaching our vision to be the leader in our field.
We are now looking for an IT Portfolio Manager for Business Data Integration and API platforms to help us take the next step in digitalizing the customer value chain. You will be responsible for all IT solutions within this capability area, working in newly formed team of highly qualified digital experts within Volvo Penta Process & IT. Together with other great colleagues within the global Volvo Penta organisation, you will be responsible for developing the Business data integration and API platforms needed to collaborate with our business partners and customers, delivering a great digital customer experience for all Volvo Penta’s end customers and users of our power solutions for marine and industrial applications.
This position is a global functional role reporting to the Director Digital Platforms and Services at Volvo Penta Process & IT.
The position is based at Volvo Penta headquarters in Göteborg, Sweden. Occasional domestic and international travel is expected.
Core Responsibilities and work tasks
- Own, manage and develop all IT solutions within the areas of Business data integration and API platforms
- Own and manage the development and operations budget for your IT solutions
- Develop strategies and roadmaps for your IT solution areas of responsibility
- Manage the pipeline of strategic development activities, plan development roadmaps for your IT solutions
- As product owner, own and prioritize development backlogs for the individual IT solutions
- Actively drive the development of Volvo Pentas Business Data integration and API platforms, tools and technologies needed for data offerings and services to Volvo Penta’s customers
- Participate as subject matter expert in different projects impacting your IT portfolio
- Identify and plan for resource & competence capacity needs to support development efforts
- Prepare needed decisions for the relevant Process & IT decision bodies
- A customer, innovation and business development oriented mind-set
- Deep interest and knowledge in modern digitalization technologies including experience of micro service designs
- Deep understanding in data integration, system integration and API platforms to build first class digital customer experiences with appropriate data integrity and security
- Self-motivated with a profound interest in developing new services, capabilities or technologies to meet internal and external customer needs
- Strong, proven ability to leverage Information Technology to innovate and develop business processes and capabilities
- Very good communications skills with an ability to explain complex topics to different audiences
- Ability to handle complexity and create feasible ways forward in a complex global environment
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills: ability to effectively collaborate, network and interface with a wide variety of colleagues on different levels, across functions and geographies
- Experience in supporting business to setup data sharing principles and governance structures
- Good analytical and planning skills and proven capacity to execute against targets
- Learning on the fly with a “Go to Gemba”, and “boots on the ground” attitude
Minimum 5 years of professional experience from developing digital business solutions using advanced information technology.
Minimum Education Required
Academic degree on Bachelor or Master Level in Information technology, Engineering or other area relevant for this position.
For additional information, please contact
Jonny Salo-Premmert, VP & CIO, Head of Process & IT, Telephone: +46 739 025681
In return we offer
… An opportunity to drive the development of Volvo Penta customer offerings with a true End to End and customer perspective.
You will be an important part of building the continued growth and success of an exciting, market-leading company. You will work in a team with highly skilled and passionate colleagues. This will give you an opportunity for career advancement, in-depth learning about business development and to develop professionally and personally. You will work in close collaboration with colleagues across the globe and deliver cutting edge solutions and services, which drive our market success, profitability and growth.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.