Product Cost Controller (Vehicle Dynamics & Powertrain)
Position DescriptionThe Controlling & Strategy (C&S) organization is an important function to secure long term profitability within the Group Trucks Technology.
Within C&S you belong to Cost Engineering and Product Cost team.
As Product Cost Controller you will be reporting to Director, Product Cost (Bangalore)
The Product cost controller is a very exciting and challenging role supporting Group Trucks Technology in Managing Product cost and securing profitability in Start Cost & Maintenance projects.
You should achieve this by being the primary project resource for product cost in projects, providing a proactive and engineered product cost forecast in the product development phases. In some cases this role may be extended to a full PM Finance role also including project cost and profitability calculations. You will gain a valuable competence in the company by combining business understanding, product knowledge and project management.
PurposeManage product cost securing profitability in projects.
- Deliver product cost forecast in start cost projects including risks and opportunities
- Deliver profitability analysis for maintenance project
- Drive product cost optimization and control/monitor all activities throughout the complete DVP from Concept Gate.
- Deliver full profitability analysis/business case for maintenance projects.
- Deliver the results from the product cost estimates in a timely manner and explain the analyses to the appropriate customers.
- Support a strong collaboration with Engineering, Purchasing and Cost Engineering bringing the product cost management culture into the cross functional work
- Support SCS (Standard Cost of Sales) handover activity to GTO in Mid/Late Phase.
- Support MCE (Material Cost Evolution) Controlling in product cost variance analysis.
- Support analyses for product cost at teardowns of competitors’ trucks
- Support improvement of Product Cost Controlling/Management processes, tools and skills
- Support Q&CS in profitability analysis on request.
- Support Product Cost Roadmap activities
- Occasionally visit suppliers and technical exhibitions in order to have knowledge about production processes and product design.
Education/ Experience/ General competencies
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Science or equivalent, Master’s degree preferred
- Preferably 3~7 years of experience from Engineering, Purchasing or Finance
- Experience and knowledge from automotive field in Vehicle Dynamics & Powertrain :- Suspension, steering systems, engine, transmission, axles and EATS.
- Preferred experience from Product Cost Management
- Good English communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Respect the GTT processes and the Volvo Group values
Able to drive product cost optimization and control/monitor all activities during DVP from CG to EG
Good understanding and knowledge about cost breakdowns
Deep technical knowledge in one Module/ SCT area/system level 2
Basic technical knowledge for the VDy and PwT commodity area
Basic technical knowledge of main commodity commonalities between Volvo Group ranges and brands
Basic knowledge of competitor's technical solutions for the specialist area
Fully proficient in all relevant processes and tools regarding Product Cost Management
Proficient level of the DVP process
Is a team player – always has the best for the team in mind
Collaborates – has the ability to collaborate well with stakeholders in all levels within Engineering, Purchasing, Product Planning and Finance
Values differences – has the ability to work within a multi-cultural environment and respect different opinions.
Customer focus – has the ability to focus on the quality of the delivery, and to satisfy the customer's need as well as the organizations need.
Action oriented – has strong problem-solving abilities and ability to work independently
Communicates effectively – has excellent communication skills, ability to communicate efficiently with people on all levels
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.