VGA is currently seeking a strategic Product Manager to join our highly driven team to represent our Volvo / UD Trucks product range. Reporting to the Senior Product Manager and based at our new head office in Wacol, the primary purpose of this role is to be the product expert on our Volvo / UD Trucks range, providing expertise to the Sales and Marketing department and the wider VGA wholesale and commercial organisation. As an expert for the allocated product range, you will provide strategic and tactical guidance for initiatives such as: increased customer satisfaction, increased market share and profitability growth.
Apply today to join our local manufacturing success and be part of something big!
About the role:
- In conjunction with internal and external stakeholders, develop the product range focusing on customer satisfaction, market share and profitability growth
- Provide product support to the Product Specification Coordinator and Pricing team for price positioning, cost analysis and packaging studies
- Represent the Brand within Industrial Product Projects and PMR’s
- Manage and co-ordinate Commercial Launch Projects for the allocated products through engagement of wholesale stakeholders
- Chair the monthly Product Committee, ensuring meetings are well structured, attended and relevant product range interests are represented
- Plan, develop and publish product information updates to the commercial organisation via Product Hub
- In conjunction with internal Technical Trainers, plan, develop and conduct proprietary and competitor product update training throughout the VGA dealer network.
- Significant experience and knowledge of the Australian Trucks Industry
- General understanding of truck engineering and truck componentry
- Previous experience collaborating with global networks in a fast-paced organisation
- Business acumen, with solid relationship building skills
- High computer literacy, including MS Powerpoint and Excel and the ability to learn new programs quickly
- Experience of preparing and presenting product information materials
- Positive, with a proactive way of working
- Ability to navigate through complex issues for positive business outcomes
- University degree in business or engineering advantageous, but not essential.
- Competitive remuneration including company vehicle and incentive plan
- Above statutory superannuation payment
- Career development with Global prospects.
- Salary sacrifice fifth week of annual leave.
- Service recognition.
- Employee benefits and discounts from a large selection of Retailers.
- Workplace giving
- Supportive and family-friendly team culture focused on diversity and equality.
- A strong commitment to safety, quality and service.
- A dedicated Health & Wellbeing program including complimentary fresh fruit and physio consultations.
- Discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental.
- Brand new head office with onsite Cafe and free parking
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.