Intern: FVV Fleet Management (Spring 2020)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Features, Verification and Validation (FVV) as Intern Fleet Management (FUM). The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering and vehicle fleet management. As a valued member of the FVV within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineering fleet management. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to FVV PMO Group Manager.
- Manage smaller scale process and IT integration projects
- Assist the team with fleet related compliance items like electronic driver logs, license and registration, preventive maintenance scheduling and fuel tax reporting.
- Liaise with leasing, tax and legal departments on project support.
- Manage the test fleet scheduling activities in Microsoft project.
- Diagnose any malfunctions with electronic logging devices.
- Administer the asset disposition procedure.
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Internship Education and Program Requirements
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing an engineering degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Interns are required work less than 30 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid US Work authorization.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.