Co-op: Paint Technical Engineer (Spring 2020)
The co-op role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a manufacturing environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through interaction with engineering professionals. Co-op’s participate in professional activities for Volvo New River Valley Plant by working on practical, innovative and important projects. This co-op provides structured learning experiences where interns and our Engineering professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The co-op allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and the Volvo New River Valley Plant.
This role will start in January 13, 2020 and run through May 8, 2020 as a part time co-op position with a target of 40 hours per week.
- The position will work with paint operations and the paint technical team to improve techniques and processes
- The position will help develop process controls at each station, collect data and help optimize manufacturing practices
- The position will give the student opportunities to learn and apply lean manufacturing principals within the Paint Department
The student may need to create MS Power Point presentations for communication of new project ideas and reports.
Minimum Education and Program Requirements
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering undergraduate degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Robotic paint experience / knowledge is a plus but not required
- Applicants should have a working knowledge of MS Excel and statistical analysis calculations
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from their University/College for their co-op period.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.