IT Business Analyst
Connected Solutions is a global organization within Volvo Group focused on creating the services of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of connectivity by collecting and analyzing telematics data from 700 000 Volvo assets. This way we can forecast the future and help customers succeed, while increasing the safety, quality and sustainability of Volvo Group products.
Consumer Services is the function within Connected Solutions that is responsible for the end user services, from idea to development and operation. We work in tight collaboration with the Volvo Group Business Areas and customers. We drive and manage the performance of the services and the business areas portfolios over the life cycle. Together with our stakeholders we create value through fantastic user experience and business enhancing services and products.
- Responsible for formulating systems scope and objectives relative to the organization's business plan and industry requirements.
- Acts independently or as a member of a project team.
- Responsible for providing technical guidance concerning the business implications of the application of various systems.
- Provides technical consulting on complex projects.
- Devises and/or modifies procedures to solve the most complex technical problems related to computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Creates detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- May have quality assurance responsibilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understands core systems, applications, and technical platforms.
- Experience with both traditional Waterfall SDLC and Agile / Lean methodologies.
- Experience in test planning, test case development, and execution.
- Working knowledge of a variety of technologies and platforms, including legacy midrange, client/server, and web services.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Office, and Visio.
- Experience with Confluence and Jira a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects, activities, and tasks under time constraints.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork, and influencing skills that foster a collaborative and continuous-improvement environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assumptions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
- Ideally 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple clients, and provide consultative skills throughout the process.
- Ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Volvo Group Connected Solutions is a global organization that leads the development of Volvo’s connected services and solutions of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of connectivity by collecting and analyzing data from over 900 000 Volvo assets. The organization is set-up to deliver competitive offerings, shorten time to market and provide an arena for new service innovations together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group.
Come and visit us online!
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.