Embedded Software Application Engineer - HMI
Are you the kind of person who is passionate about Driver related electronic devices such as instrument clusters, body comfort systems, cameras, secondary information displays, also connectivity solutions, android systems, apps and what can happen when you merge technologies from different areas? Would you like to use your passion in the automotive industry and be part of the digital transformation leap? Would you like to work in a great team with competent and helpful colleagues?
At Driver Electronics and Vehicle connectivity (DEVC) we are in the heart of this transformation, and we work with implementing Human-Machine Interface (HMI) for Instrument clusters and entertainment systems and also end-to-end functions like passive entry passive start, Entertain truck operator, Driver Coaching, I-See, Remote Software Download, Geofencing and much more.
The development in the area of driver electronics and vehicle connectivity is fast, furious and fun!
We are now looking for an Embedded Software (ESW) Application engineer, knowledgeable in both hardware and software, that can be a part of driving and developing our next generation of Driver related functions and electronic devices.
Mission and Context
- Secure the development and maintenance our in-house (GOT) developed SW
- Participate and possibly lead feasibility studies in the Driver electronics area of Instrument Clusters
- Secure the delivery of the Instrument Cluster software fulfilling agreed Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature (QDCF) targets
- Continuously support the coworkers in the team to deliver according to committed deliveries and to achieve the objectives in our roadmap
- Ensure that the driver electronics solutions, products and projects are developed and delivered in an optimal way
We believe this is a position for a person that has the ability to work under demanding conditions and to create a successful working climate in these situations. As a person, you have a broad technical know-how combined with very good people skills and a strong belief in agile methods. You have a strong ability to inspire, develop and motivate individuals and teams.
- Secure that the Volvo North America and MACK Instrument Cluster software is developed in line with local market and legal demands
- Secure that the local demands for North America and Australia will be contemplated by the development center in Gothenburg, Sweden
- Participate in relevant concept selections, investigations and Demos providing prototype SW/HW for it;
- Participate and contribute in retrospective meetings, sprint reviews, etc
- Develop GUIs and simulations (mostly in Qt language) for specific instrument cluster concepts based on the UX, brands and product planning requirements
- Document North, Latin America and Australian market needs in HMI System specs
- Support the field test team and Integration team by providing knowledge, information and all the necessary means for the testing activities
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Electronics or equivalent engineering. (Master’s is a plus);
- Minimum 2 years of experience from HW/SW development in truck or car industry within the area of Driver electronics (Instrument Cluster, Entertainment systems, Body comfort modules, camera monitoring systems)
- Have knowledge of hardware and software integration such as CAN communication, LIN communication, Calibration & parameterization of ECUs
- SW development skills - QT Language is an asset
- Experience of agile methods, such as SCRUM and KANBAN is also an asset
- Have an open multi-brand and multi-cultural mindset
- Have good communication skills
- Be business and customer oriented
- Be passionate about learning
- Learning on-the-fly
- Ownership and accountability
- Leadership competencies: customer focus, decision quality, instills trust, demonstrates self-awareness, action oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.