Lead Driveline Engineer
The Driveline and Hybrids group within Technology is responsible for the application and maintenance of the powertrain components from the flywheel to the driven wheels; i.e clutches, transmissions, drive-shafts, axles, hybrid and electric drivetrains in North America.
This position provides technical expertise to the organization in the areas of product design, product application, reliability and durability, and problem solving of transmission and axle components. Responsibilities also include creating and maintaining product documentation for Mack Proprietary Double Reduction axle, as well as providing technical direction to bargaining unit mechanics and test technicians; developing schedules; establishing priorities.
- The Engineer will be primary design and validation responsible for some of the Mack Double Reduction axle proprietary components (Example: ductile iron/Aluminum castings, Spiral Bevel gears, stampings, shafts etc.)
- The Engineer will also be responsible to evaluate warranty field return failures, lead activities on quality improvements and VAVE activities
- The Lead Engineer should have broad understanding of Drivelines and how various components are effected, upstream and downstream, by the Engine, transmission, axle, drive-shafts, suspension etc.
- The Lead Engineer is expected to provide guidance to other Driveline Engineers on complex Engineering solutions
- The Lead Engineer is expected to develop product roadmaps for various Driveline components (in coordination with Driveline Manager) and proactively lead activities to develop prototypes and/or proof of concepts in coordination with internal/external stakeholders/suppliers
- The candidate should be self-driven with ability to identify problems quickly and address them in efficient manner.
- Domestic and International travel up to 10% may be required
- Perform other engineering duties as assigned
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Bachelors degree required
- 5-10 years-experience preferred
- Transmission gear-box, axle, drive-shaft systems. Powertrain, Gasoline/Diesel engine systems and calibration experience is preferred
- Preference will be given to candidates with design experience of Spiral Bevel/Helical gears; transmission and/or hybrid calibration experience
- Good understanding of GD&T and ability to perform stack-up calculations is preferred
- Working knowledge of stampings, castings etc. is preferred
- Working knowledge of Engineering Tools like Creo/Pro-E, ANSYS etc. is preferred
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.