Intern: Quality Engineer (Summer 2020)
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The purpose of this position is to support the Quality and Engineering department through: developing, implementing, maintaining & improving quality assurance activities throughout the project & product life cycle.
Intern will work directly with Product and Project Quality staff and manufacturing plants personnel. Main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Manage small scale projects like: product projects, continuous improvement projects, etc.
- Develop, improve and implement quality methods & tools.
- Monitor and review weekly data based on Manufacturing and Field Quality reports.
- Support Quality and Engineering Organization with necessary statistical analysis tools.
- Performs Quality Engineering tasks using established procedures.
- Initial phase of training and development within area of assignment.
- Proficient use of equipment, instrumentation and software/hardware used within area of assignment.
- Entry level performance issues with task-oriented, less complicated assignments.
- Miscellaneous Quality & Manufacturing Engineering assignments as training and abilities progress.
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on.
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively.
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done.
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Please refer to the Critical Competencies Dictionary for the standard competencies applicable to all positions within Volvo Group North America.
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical, Electrical or related engineering/technology field at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Summer Interns are required to work 40 hours per week.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to travel frequently.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.