Intern: Continuous Improvement Visualization (Spring 2020)
Continuous Improvement Visualization Intern (Spring 2020)
The purpose of this position is to assist the continuous improvement department with assignments specific to VPS tools.
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a manufacturing environment, and to support/promote the graduate’s career goals through interaction with continuous improvement professionals. Interns participate in professional activities for the Volvo New River Valley Plant by working on practical, innovative and important projects. This Internship provides structured learning experiences where interns and our lean manufacturing professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows student to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo New River Valley Plant.
Assignment will begin January 13, 2020 and continue through May 8, 2020 working up to 30 hours or less per week.
- Work with communications team and continuous improvement to increase visualization of CI ways of working throughout factory.
- Develop tools/apps/programs to facilitate use of CI tools throughout factory.
- Create and deploy monthly newsletter communicating updates to continuous improvement.
- Assist with developing interactive training's designed to quickly and effectively train employees on production line.
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Communication: listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Flexibility: performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to promote a higher standard; pitching in to get the job done
- Strong writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Graphic Design at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student.
- Student should have minimum GPA of 3.0
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Time Management
- Availability for light travel
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.